Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I thought I had pretty good air flow considering my case temps are usually stable at 26 - 28c. As soon as I start gaming....WOW! Load temps are about 50 and case temps are about 31 - 33c. I have a Antec 120mm for rear exhaust and a antec 80mm for front intake with a side duct to cpu. I also have a piece of crap power supply that has only 1 80mm fan on the back. My question is this, the current supply only has vent holes on the rear(cable side). They are pretty obstructed by the cables and about 2 inches of clearance from the cdroms. Would a power supply that has a bottom fan and a rear fan be better for air flow in the case?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mmmm... your exhausting capacity far exceeds the intaking one, even though the PSU fan is of little aid to exhaust. Besides half of your intake is conducted directly to cpu, which usually is located very close to the big exhaust fan, so this mass of air does little to keep the remaining components cooled.

I'd rather try to fit another 80mm intake fan if your case allows it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oops, I misreaded your post. All of your intake is directed to the cpu area!! I'd really add some more intake fans without side ducting.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I agree. more intake. No point in pulling that much warm air out if you can't get enough cool air in.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
This works for me, basic math, for every one exaust fan you have two intakes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.