Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into water not too long ago from air...
Just wondering whats the next step?? If there is one...
I know there is TEC...
But that seems exponentially more technical with all the insulation and separate power supply etc...
What will be the next biggest cooling method? Or will water rule for centuries to come...?

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
Phase is less technical once hooked up.

Or you could make a plexi mount for your rad to fit over a vertical flow window A/C.

Mine does -10ºc Idle and -2ºC Load on a good day.

And then ther's always a slush box.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dryadsoul
View Post

Phase is less technical once hooked up.

Or you could make a plexi mount for your rad to fit over a vertical flow window A/C.

Mine does -10ºc Idle and -2ºC Load on a good day.

And then ther's always a slush box.

you get -10 with a windows a/c unit!!! wow. you can always go phase. it isn't that hard to set up.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
phase, dice, or LN2?
phase is the only one though that doesnt require constant matinence afaik (like with dice/ln2 u need to buy more dice and ln2 all the time).

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
I'd say a better WC loop would be the next step (ie, industrial-grade pump, 3x3 rad, custom silver block)

Cheaper and more effective, although requiring more work and being kinda ''ghetto'' would be a creative use of air conditioning.

After that it's TEC and PHASE which I would put on the same level. Phase may seem better at first, but it takes a lot of space for the compressor and they cost a lot more than the other cooling methods.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

phase, dice, or LN2?
phase is the only one though that doesnt require constant matinence afaik (like with dice/ln2 u need to buy more dice and ln2 all the time).

what this dice thing u talk about?

·
Premium Member
6,774 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
For 24/7 you could go TEC if you already have a high end WC"ing rig. There limited though, pretty good still for a dual core, iffy for a quad if you want near 0C loads. There a blast to play with.

Like Dryad was saying a AC slush-box chiller is pretty good if your handy making things. Its made from a 5000BTU AC or a 25 quart a day dehumidifier. They'll keep your whole mobo cold.

A single stage phase isn't all that expensive and will keep you well below 0C at load. I have had one for 2 months and still haven't gotten it set up yet, I keep killing mobo's running dice.

Then theres dice/Ln2 pots. I've been running dice here lately and like it pretty well. It will get you down around -78C. It and Ln2 are both just for benching.

Proofing guide..

Mobo proofing is really pretty easy, not much to it. Unless you just like playing with cooling gear a lot I think I'd just WC and then dice/Ln2 when I wanted to bench. Or just go phase, you can ask in the phase section about possible builders in your area.

EDIT: Proofing guide..Info: how to insulate your mobo for TEC/Peltier Cooling -

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dryadsoul View Post
DICE is Dry Ice and isn't good for 24/7.

But a bong works well if you don't have asthma, as it's too much humidity.
Nub has done extensive humidity monitoring and has found that bongs don't cause as much humidity as people think. only a couple of % change from normal if I remember correctly...I have also not noticed any difference. I freekin love my bong.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK
View Post

Naw man I live in corvallis Oregon...its in the valley. no desert here lol.

Your not out in the lava fields there?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts