Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I was hoping for a bit of advice on my planned set up.
Intake:
2 x stock 140mm fans

Exhaust:
Nzxt x62 280mm
Evga ftw 1070 hybrid

I am planning on having the GPU and CPU rads exhausting air with the front as an intake - I was worried however that this will create negative pressure:

Some rough calculations I made:
GPU Out: 45cfm (I can't actually find what the cfm will be on the 1070 hybrid?)
CPU Out: 2 x Aer P140 ~= 100 * 2 = 200 cfm (Not sure how much impact the rad will have on this?)
Stock Intake: 2 x 68 = 136CFM

I guess that this means I would have -109 cfm in my case? Will this be an issues - should I change the set up to have 3 x 120mm fans on the front?

·
New001
2,668 Posts
How deep is the 280mm rad at the top? Might want to double check the clearance at the top, its not as much as it seems.
Seems like you could go a bit more rad if you mounted at the front instead, can fit a 360 there.

Im about to do a rebuild in that case myself.
Got a 360mm mounted on the front and a 240mm mounted on top. I'm planning to have both rads as intakes, and the exhaust out the back, im keen to take all external air across the rads..

·
Registered
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinter View Post

Hi guys I was hoping for a bit of advice on my planned set up.
Intake:
2 x stock 140mm fans

Exhaust:
Nzxt x62 280mm
Evga ftw 1070 hybrid

I am planning on having the GPU and CPU rads exhausting air with the front as an intake - I was worried however that this will create negative pressure:

Some rough calculations I made:
GPU Out: 45cfm (I can't actually find what the cfm will be on the 1070 hybrid?)
CPU Out: 2 x Aer P140 ~= 100 * 2 = 200 cfm (Not sure how much impact the rad will have on this?)
Stock Intake: 2 x 68 = 136CFM

I guess that this means I would have -109 cfm in my case? Will this be an issues - should I change the set up to have 3 x 120mm fans on the front?
Dont worry, it will be fine . U will have positive pressure.
3fan exhausting through radiator (meaning 50-60% cfm on exhaust fans is blocked by the rads ) and 2x free flow intake .
By the way stock corsair fans are pretty bad(if u like silence) . I would recommend u to buy some decent fan like Thermalright TY147A/ BQ SW3 for intake , and 2x good radiator fan like : Akasa Apache / Aerocool DS / Noiseblocker E-Loop B14-PS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts