Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a antec 900, and on the side panel, I took of the plastic that was behind the wire mesh, see here:

I have all the fans on the case on high, and my question is, is it ok for air to be sucking in through that mess? Will it mess up my air flow? If I hold a tissue up to the side it gets sucked towards the case. And The side panel fan, sucks air out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You should have the side panel as an intake to bring cooler air to your GPU and CPU. The wires will cut back on your airflow so you should look into it. I remember my wire tangle took like 4C from my temps so its definately worth fixing.

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, well a bunch of my stuff from petra's comes tomorrow, so please hold off on the wire management for a few days. I am getting a bunch of stuff to help me hide the cables, and got some c-channel molding stuff.

I plan on going to home depot to pick up a 1'x1' or 1'x2' piece of acrylic and custom making a side panel thing to go over it, the problem is, I have to custom make a panel for a 120mm fan to fit, my tuniq tower is to big.

How should I cut acrylic, with a band saw?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.