Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my little brother an Airsoft gun so he can run around like he's actually in an action movie but I read that Airsoft guns shoot BBs and I don't want them to mess up the walls in the house. Anyone know of a real looking gun that shoots like a real gun (jump action) but doesn't actually shoot anything out?

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
It probably isn't wise to give a young person a realistic looking gun if you don't believe they can shoot an airsoft gun responsibly. That's how cops make accidents.

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFB View Post
It probably isn't wise to give a young person a realistic looking gun if you don't believe they can shoot an airsoft gun responsibly. That's how cops make accidents.

they have orange caps for this reason...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
^Win

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief View Post
you dont have to load the thing
This, get an GBBP and don't put any BBs in and you set. Get a KWA Uzi, theyre hella tight.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
Quote:

they have orange caps for this reason...

Not all of them do. Unless some of the ones I've seen were modded.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jplaz View Post
This, get an GBBP and don't put any BBs in and you set. Get a KWA Uzi, theyre hella tight.
What is an GBBP? I googled it with no results.

Also if I don't load the Airsoft gun with the BBs will it still pop like a real gun or will it pop back once to reload and you have to push it back up?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by myresolution_72 View Post
What is an GBBP? I googled it with no results.

Also if I don't load the Airsoft gun with the BBs will it still pop like a real gun or will it pop back once to reload and you have to push it back up?
Gas blow back pistol.
I haven't kept up with the latest guns but a few years ago the only way to get a decent semi auto pistol with blowback (moving slide) was gas, IDK if the electric pistols have improved any...

Like this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3033
Again, I been out the game for awhile so I can't tell you the absolute best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFB View Post
Not all of them do. Unless some of the ones I've seen were modded.
Yup modded, or you live in Iran.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacophony View Post
i let my brother play with my glock....i just take out the bullets
..Remind me not to go near your state when he's got that thing. That's nowhere near proper gun safety.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
..Remind me not to go near your state when he's got that thing. That's nowhere near proper gun safety.
This. RIP Brandon Lee.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacophony View Post
i let my brother play with my glock....i just take out the bullets
That's not really a good idea. Every fire arm must be treated with the same respect as a loaded one. Always assume a firearm is loaded and hot. I would never let my brother handle a gun, even unloaded, without proper training and strict supervision. You never know if you are going to hand him a loaded one by accident, which has happened in the past.

Although I do not own any firearms, I know for a fact that handing someone a gun to "play with" is a terrible idea, and could result in injury or death. I would stop doing it if I were you.

Quote:

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/Airs..._AEGs_s/20.htm

pretty sure its a law that you have to have the orange muzzle on a fake gun that is used for sport like this
Yes this is a federal law. A kid in Florida actually was brandishing an airsoft gun with the orange tip painted black, and threatening another student. He got shot and killed when he pointed it at a cop. (Taken from wikipedia, but these kinds of things happen all the time)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts