Overclock.net banner

Akasa Apache AK-FN057

20K views 52 replies 27 participants last post by  ehume 
#1 ·
Apologies if this has already been posted, though I didn't find anything searching the forums.

Currently looking to replace my stock CPU cooler fan. Was going to purchase Noctua's NF P12, then came across this, Akasa's Apache.

Do any of you have any experience of using this fan?

The quoted max static air pressure looks far too high; 26.40 mm H2O compared to the Noctua's 1,68 mm.

Thanks.

#2 ·
That looks an awesome fan, uses the same bearing as Panaflo's, and has great cfm to dba rating. If those specs are true, then we have a new awesome case fan on the block here.

#8 ·
i think they are just exaggerating the specs 26mm H²0 from 1300rpm thats impossible
Delta AFB 1212GHE Rev C makes 27.48mm H²0 with 5200rpm 120*38mm

#10 ·
Well, according to Akasa it isn't a typo! Contacted them today and asked; their response was;

'There is no mistake in the air pressure data. The S-Flow blades shape and hardiness generate much stronger air pressure compared to standard fans.'

Either they are telling the truth or their methods of testing are significantly different to everyone else's.

Still awaiting further reviews.

#11 ·
Then they have a revolutionary product!!
I mean,search this forum for the best 120X25 mm fans @ around 1300 rpm that people keep recommending all the time.The static pressure is normally less than 2 mm H2O.
Even the awesome Panaflow 120X38 mm high speed fan has a static pressure of around 8 mm.
A 120X25 mm/1300 rpm fan with a static pressure of 26 mm is shocking,to say the least!

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keehar
View Post

Well, according to Akasa it isn't a typo! Contacted them today and asked; their response was;

'There is no mistake in the air pressure data. The S-Flow blades shape and hardiness generate much stronger air pressure compared to standard fans.'

Either they are telling the truth or their methods of testing are significantly different to everyone else's.

Still awaiting further reviews.

I'm sure that's a complete load of BS. If it's true they should win the Nobel prize for airflow lol...

#13 ·
Nahh i serious doubt the static pressure is as high as they say, if it is, we may have the best radiator fan on the market..

#16 ·
Hrm, I might buy one or two for a Megahalems to put on my sig rig. I would like to test static pressure though, so does anyone know how to do so? Martin?

Edit: Does anyone know where one could even purchase these fans?

#17 ·
Update

Have been in contact with a UK representative of Akasa, nice bloke (in case he's reading
).

I asked whether or not they are planning on releasing the Apache in another colour. Said they are, in at least one more colour, and then asked for suggestions.

I'm thinking all black - a bit boring I know, but would suit most if not all cases. Also Apache helicopters are black, so would help their advertising department.

Suggestions?

Also a new review, though as before, it doesn't go into great detail, and is auf Deutsch.

#20 ·
I could buy one myself, but don't know how to measure max static air pressure.

Would like to do a comparison, but then I'd need to buy even more fans (Scythe GT, Noctua NF-P12), which would be pretty pricey.

Also, I'd prefer the Akasas in black, so will hold out to see if they do make them in that colour.

#22 ·
#24 ·
Hey guys,these recently arrived in stock of my E-tailor of choice (Komplett) and I went of looking for reviews.I cant find any reviews from sites but the thread for them on Overclockers.co.uk seems to paint them in a positive picture

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...8030084&page=2

#26 ·
I just found the specifications straight from the Akasa website...here

Application PC case or heatsink fan
Dimension 120 X 120 X 25mm
Fan speed 600 -1300 RPM
Max airflow 57.53 CFM (97.74 m3/h)
Max static air pressure 2.64 mm H2O
Noise level 6.9 -16.05 dB(A)
Current rating 0.08A
Voltage rating 12V DC
Bearing HDB (Hydro Dynamic Bearing)
Fan life expectancy 50,000 hours
Connector 4pin PWM
Product code AK-FN057

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.