Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Depends very much on the size of your PC and how much heat it produces.
I used to have my PC in an Antec 900 which is of a similar size to a P182. The Akasa Omega on the other hand is massive. It accommodates 2 GTX260s without any difficulty with plenty of room to spare.
They're designed for totally different computers which makes it a little harder to compare. The Omega is really designed for high end stuff or servers to be honest.
For your situation I'd probably suggest a P182 unless you're planning on a larger rig in the future, but then I have a friend who has a P182 and he's got a GTX280 running just fine in there. His set up looks somewhat... squashed but otherwise it's reliable.

The Omega comes with a couple of 120mm fans as standard with plenty of room to add more. You may add 2 120mm fans on the side to blow air onto the graphics card(s) and another 2 may be installed on the top as exhausts if you like. They're also quite handy for mounting a radiator on. Then there's the usual 120mm fan places in the front and rear.

Noise wise - My omega is incredibly quiet but then I've got all the fans running on their lowest setting and the motherboard will increase the speeds if the PC gets too hot which it never really does unless it's gone through a heavy gaming session and all the windows in the room are shut. It's not really built to take anything smaller than a 120mm fan, but the perks of that are they're pretty quiet.

Airflow wise - this thing can game or fold for days on end and doesn't overheat so I'd say airflow is pretty good, the two 120mm mounts on the side are a godsend for keeping the graphics set up supplied with cold air. The temperates I get are lower than what my Antec 900 provided me with anyway.

Do a bit more research into the two as they're designed for different purposes.

• Rep+
Reactions: bluepiglet

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I'd hold off on a P182 and wait for the P183 release. Reason I say this is you can easily mod a P180 to do what a P182 is doing (where do you think Antec got the idea). While the P183 is showing it has actual improvements (mainly better airflow when the door is closed).

I looked at a review of the Omega and to me the case looks cheap, very cheap no offense.

pink

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a nzxt tempest. its a but beautiful case. althought not well made, it offers great airflow and a lot of room to work around. but the noise coming out of it is killing me, and preventing me from folding through nights. so im looking for a replacement.

i've heard a lot good things about p182, many of them claiming its the perfect choice. but a couple little things are putting me off so far.

the space below the lowest pci slot. there is no space there at all, which would make its almost impossible to put an aftermarket cooler on the 2nd graphic card.

and that grill buldging out of the case on the top seems to be bloody ugly to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts