Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me to say goodbye to this wonderful team

I have reached many milestones (personal ones) with this team. This week was the last one (2 million mark). I have to say that throughout my time here since I first sent in a work unit way back in 2008, a lot of good has happened and certainly a lot has changed.

It has never been about the points for me, although the banter has always been great fun

I am not retiring from Folding to say the least. I am moving around teams, trying to motivate more people to join the cause. I hope that leading through example can accomplish this.

Farewell 37726

Perhaps, our paths will meet again sometime in the future

Keep it up everyone!

·
Super Moderator
23,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by solidsteel144 View Post
You could always stay on this team and show other teams how awesome you are doing.

That is not leading by example now is it

·
Super Moderator
23,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heedehcheenuh View Post
Thanks for being there when needed mega and good luck in your future ventures
just remember to always put the 37726 as the team even when folding elsewhere

Chuck D Fold on...
How did I know you'd say that

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
For me to say goodbye to this wonderful team

I have reached many milestones (personal ones) with this team. This week was the last one (2 million mark). I have to say that throughout my time here since I first sent in a work unit way back in 2008, a lot of good has happened and certainly a lot has changed.

It has never been about the points for me, although the banter has always been great fun

I am not retiring from Folding to say the least. I am moving around teams, trying to motivate more people to join the cause. I hope that leading through example can accomplish this.

Farewell 37726

Perhaps, our paths will meet again sometime in the future

Keep it up everyone!
It's SAD to see another folder have to say goodbye.I too will do that one day.I have no goals other than to overtake Valicious so I can try to pick up where she left off.Once I meet this goal I will still fold.If you can drop in when you can that would be GREAT.I have much respect for you even though we have not had much of the great banter in the folding section.Fold for who you like just try to keep US in your heart.WE will all miss you.Fold on.

·
Super Moderator
23,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ducrider View Post
It's SAD to see another folder have to say goodbye.I too will do that one day.I have no goals other than to overtake Valicious so I can try to pick up where she left off.Once I meet this goal I will still fold.If you can drop in when you can that would be GREAT.I have much respect for you even though we have not had much of the great banter in the folding section.Fold for who you like just try to keep US in your heart.WE will all miss you.Fold on.

As long as you stay true to why you do what you do then that is all that really matters. I for one, never expected to have ever reached 2 million points: ~3,600 work units for team 37726. While I would love to continue and pursue what I started here with you guys since Day 1 of my Folding experience... I am afraid that life has other plans for me. I hope that by folding for smaller teams will give them the drive that I was always given by some of our top folders. I might not be able to reach insane PPD averages, but I think that putting forth an example can motivate others to reach out for more!

So far, I have been donating to about 4 different teams, including Overclock.net
This is just the beginning

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post

As long as you stay true to why you do what you do then that is all that really matters. I for one, never expected to have ever reached 2 million points: ~3,600 work units for team 37726. While I would love to continue and pursue what I started here with you guys since Day 1 of my Folding experience... I am afraid that life has other plans for me. I hope that by folding for smaller teams will give them the drive that I was always given by some of our top folders. I might not be able to reach insane PPD averages, but I think that putting forth an example can motivate others to reach out for more!

So far, I have been donating to about 4 different teams, including Overclock.net
This is just the beginning

Sometimes it takes leaving a team to give drive to others on a different team.I don't feel any hard feeling to anyone that makes a move to better others.Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
sorry to see you go we had some fun times back in the day
hope to see you around

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
You can't go

Will you be back?

·
Super Moderator