Overclock.net banner

[Albatron]8600GT PCI Card

25127 175
Quote:
Albatron Retrotechnology -"PCI" graphics alive and kickin' with GeForce® 8 Series GPUs!

Albatron Technology recently unveiled three new "PCI" graphics cards at Computex 2008. You read it right - "PCI" and not "PCI Express"! The PCI8600GT-256X, the PCI8500GT-256X and the PCI8400GS-256 are all VGAs that retrofit recent GeForce 8 Series graphics onto older PCI technology. These cards all offer a significant graphics boost along with dual monitor capabilities for an entire generation of integrated-graphics, PCI-only mainboards.
http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/n...lt&news_id=268

Might be good for a PhysX card.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

· QA Engineer
3,789 Posts
Oh nice. Would be great for a machine of a friend of mine

· Prolly vaping...
3,524 Posts
Waits for Legendary

• Rep+
Reactions: Sub-Zero

· O.C.N'ng since '08
1,721 Posts
Only girls think of looks over performance =P

· Registered
3,210 Posts
Where is he????
THIS POST HAS LEGENDARY WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!!!

EDIT: HOLD ON,this is not bad at all if priced right.It can make an awesome Physx card without the need of an aditional PCIE slot.

· Prolly vaping...
3,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DjQurt View Post
i bet legendary will drop 200 bucks on this at walmart
Lol I know right?

· Registered
5,807 Posts
Huh, my friend needs another monitor in his set up for watching video while grinding(WOW
). Problem is that his PCI-E slots are taken, think that this would fit the bill?

· Registered
1,609 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
..any current info on the bit rate for the buss? Is it still a standard 8600?

..This can mean huge things for folding capacity....

heh, yeah.. but at the price that the 8400 was, you could build about half a folding rig. I bet this card takes off in the flight sim communty (heh, pun now intended)

· Cuddly as a Cactus
2,199 Posts
...waiting for Legendary...

PS...My 50th post...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Banned
16,603 Posts
Quote:
heh, yeah.. but at the price that the 8400 was, you could build about half a folding rig.
Not really sure what you meant by that...I was referring to- adding these into all of my folding CPU's..I am maxxed out on PCI-E slots..so these might be a good way, to add additional PPD to existing rigs, already maxxed on GPU clients.

· Registered
1,609 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
Not really sure what you meant by that...I was referring to- adding these into all of my folding CPU's..I am maxxed out on PCI-E slots..so these might be a good way, to add additional PPD to existing rigs, already maxxed on GPU clients.
I believe the PCI version of the 8400 was over $100, (now around 80) you've gotta figure that the 'gaming' variant will be a nice bit more than that.. say the 8600 PCI version is $125, then why even bother for the ~1800 PPD when for a few dollars more you can at least double that with a single 8800 GS (for around 225 you can build a PC with an 8800 GS

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Hmm, didn't think the PCI bus could take a card like that. That may not be saying much, it is an 8600 after all, but it's loads better than those 5500 PCIs they have out now or whatever it is...

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.