Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building a new system and ive got a choice between the Albatron NVIDIA 6600GT and the Gainward NVIDIA 6600GT.

Does anybody know which one offers better performance rates or are they both very similar?

Thanks, Davo

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I cant say forsure about those 2 as they are PCIexpress, but the 6600GT is a killer card, and you wont be disapointed in getting one.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
both are pretty good companies...it really just depends on the software package and the heatsink. i think the albatron looks cooler, but both should have just abou the same performance...but gainward is a little bigger and has been here longer...

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Alabtron has always been fairly good with graphics chips. I havent had much experience with gainward but i'm sure they would both have the same performance. Remember, they both have the same Memory and GPU (VPU).
All the different brands do is make or choose a unique heatsink and put the all the peices together. They rarely add unique features. I'd get the one with the best games or software bundle. That's what it comes down to in the end between these 2 cards.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If the Gainward is of the Golden Sample variety then get that one. It will have faster memory and is guaranteed to overclock well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts