Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using a board with the new ALC 1220 sound codec? Running Kubuntu 17.10 with stock Pulseaudio and 4.14.3 kernel, on a X370-Gaming K7. I can get sound from the rear panel but not from the front. Already checked alsamixer and everything is on with max volume,as well as all the config. options in the multimedia control panel. When I plug headphones in the front, I can see that that outputs get muted except for the front and headphone sliders, but sound keeps coming out of the rear speakers.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcar View Post

Is anyone using a board with the new ALC 1220 sound codec? Running Kubuntu 17.10 with stock Pulseaudio and 4.14.3 kernel, on a X370-Gaming K7. I can get sound from the rear panel but not from the front. Already checked alsamixer and everything is on with max volume,as well as all the config. options in the multimedia control panel. When I plug headphones in the front, I can see that that outputs get muted except for the front and headphone sliders, but sound keeps coming out of the rear speakers.
In Manjaro on kernel 4.15, the PulseAudio master volume was muted in ALSA when I switched from the rear panel to the front panel connector. I just had to open alsamixer and unmute the audio.

That only happened after the first time that I unplugged from the rear and plugged into the front. After that I can move my headphones from front to rear, without having to open up alamixer to unmute.

·
Premium Member
8,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another thing. Anyone suffering from massive amounts of static noise when plugging in a mic to the front panel? Does not behave like that under Windows.

·
Premium Member
8,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

In Manjaro on kernel 4.15, the PulseAudio master volume was muted in ALSA when I switched from the rear panel to the front panel connector. I just had to open alsamixer and unmute the audio.

That only happened after the first time that I unplugged from the rear and plugged into the front. After that I can move my headphones from front to rear, without having to open up alamixer to unmute.
Everything is unmuted in alsamixer. Have not tried unplugging the rear speakers when plugging the front headphones. Maybe that's "confusing" the driver or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts