Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just tried overclocking my Gainward GTS 250 512mb card with the EVGA precision application. I also installed ATI Tool to test the GPU core clock.

Before I did any overclocking the ATI Tool gave me around 800-900 fps and everything seemed fine. After that I increased all the clocks a little, applied the settings and ran the test again. This time it gave me only 300fps.

I found out that no matter what I did the GPU clocks were staying at their idle speed even when the GPU load was 100%. My core and memory are running at 300MHz and the shader clock at 600MHz. I tried playing some games, reinstalling the display driver, uninstalling EVGA precision and using RivaTuner instead. Nothing seems to work.

When I had EVGA Precision started on boot I was able to see that the GPU clock went to it's overclocked value for a few seconds before going back to idle speed when the computer was turned on.

With GPU-Z I can see that my clock speeds are overclocked but the sensors tab shows that they're running at idle speed at the moment. I tried forcing the clocks to full speed with RivaTuner with no success.

Is the only way to get around this to flash new overclocked bios or would it still be stuck at idle speed?

Here's a screenshot of ATI Tool running while monitoring GPU clocks

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Mobo: Asus P5QPL-VM EPU
CPU: Intel E5200 C2D 2,5GHz @ 3.01GHz
RAM: G.Skill 4GB 1066Mhz DDR2

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ocman View Post
Try MSI AfterBurner!

Link: MSI AfterBurner download page.

P.S. Do have your system info filled out properly, to do that click this link.

It worked! Thanks sooo much

Filled out the system info too.

EDIT: I got the same problem again after I increased my core clock too much (900MHz). I then put it to 850MHz, rebooted and it worked again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts