Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after a photo of the ga-p67a-ud7-b3 board with the mosftet/nb/sb heatsink removed so that the mosfets and nb and sb are exposed but cant seem to find any. Anyone got this picture? Its got to have been done since there are waterblocks for the board out.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
review of the board in my sig has many pictures with the heatsinks removed. You want the physical review one not the performance one.

EDIT: here you go i just took these, FYI the heatsinks on the B2/B3 are interchangeable, the B2 is exactly the same board as the B3. Physically they are at least, and that is why there is no physical revision change.

I have the B3 board as well, but its running so i am not taking the heatsinks off again tonight, i did it last night when i was microscopically comparing the two. other than the fuses for the USB ports being exactly opposite orientation nothing is different other than the chipset itself.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

review of the board in my sig has many pictures with the heatsinks removed. You want the physical review one not the performance one.

EDIT: here you go i just took these, FYI the heatsinks on the B2/B3 are interchangeable, the B2 is exactly the same board as the B3. Physically they are at least, and that is why there is no physical revision change.

I have the B3 board as well, but its running so i am not taking the heatsinks off again tonight, i did it last night when i was microscopically comparing the two. other than the fuses for the USB ports being exactly opposite orientation nothing is different other than the chipset itself.
How hard is it to remove/install the heatsink? is it just thermal paste that is in between the heatsinks and the chips? I am thinking of painting mine but I want to know what I am getting into before I do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts