Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it took me 2 days to build this. Its not the most precise computer box. But it looks so cool !!! I just wanted to make something that showed of my fan. But im not done yet i still have to cover over the Hard drive. Anyways it lowered the cpu temps of about 5-6c. Let me know what you think about it !!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's pretty freakin' sweet looking! You should definately do some lighting eye candy with that thing.

I agree though, you should do something to cover the fan.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, im going to make a cover for the fan, but its still going to be opened from the front to back... and also cover the hard drive !!! ya some light are going to be added and some rounded cable !!!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
That is awesome! But one question. Where did you get that pimpin clear plastic?

·
Registered
219 Posts
nice job, almost as nicea s my case
good work lol -trey
ps. i almost got that fan, but i got a big typhoon instead. im happy

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
dude awesome
how hard was it to cut the plexi right?
and who much did you pay for it?

and if you could send me the measurments you made Id love to look at them!

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the plexiglass if could get someone with a table saw would be better...but its not hard to cut you just got to make sure you dont over heat the blade of the jigg saw or else the plexiglass start to melt and then the blade sticks to the plexiglass... And the price is not to bad i think it was like 20$ canadian for 18" by 36 " ...the screws cost a bit to but there always good for the next project if you dont like what you made !!

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Id say get a new, better looking PSU (Ultra X-connect, Aspire, ect.) With rounded cables, and id use a heatshrink on those IDE Cables.. or You could use heatshrinks on all your ugly cables.. lol =D

Also, id go for some UV Reative stuff with Cold Cathods, that would look SO awsome. =D keep up the great work!

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya some light ...i made both of my cable round (myself) and i did change the psu (but not for a cooler one ...lol...) its more quiet. so now my hole computer is running on 2 fans ...psu and heat sink...ya defently gonna start with one light and then will see...also thinking of turn my hard drive up side down ...!!!

·
Packet Pusher
2,326 Posts
Not only does this look cool, but from a functional standpoint, this would be an awesome setup to test rigs on. The open design would make testing boards and setting up rigs just so easy! Again, nice work man.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DFA

so does any body else have any suggestion ?

First off, that looks awesome. Reminds me of a benchtesting case

Now, what I would do, would be sand the edges with fine grit sandpaper, and add l.e.d'sto the back so that it shines through the plastic at the edges, know what i mean?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
got any newer pics if uve done any new things to it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.