Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used/been using this before?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=4616

It should be uni-directional. Which is ''in'' and which is ''out''?

''FRÃ-TEK'' is etched on the wall with an arrow. Sounds like German but I cannot find a translation. I suppose the arrow is the flow direction but I want to make sure. Anyone has any idea?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by windfire View Post
''FRÃ-TEK'' is etched on the wall with an arrow. Sounds like German but I cannot find a translation. I suppose the arrow is the flow direction but I want to make sure. Anyone has any idea?
Sounds Swedish or something to me.

FRO is similar to "flow", though. Not sure if that really means anything, since the actual language of origin isn't known, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's indicating the direction of flow. It seems less likely to be a coincidence than otherwise.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.

I dig a little deeper and it appears that ''FRÃ-TEK'' is the name of a German company who makes plastic.

As for the arrow being the flow direction indicator, I would have thought so. However, I decide to play the safest way. I contact Alphacool and got a definitive answer from them: It is the other way around!! That is, the opening nearer to the red flow indicator is the intake port. Well, if they say so, I am not arguing with them. lol.

This brings this thread to a happy ending. I put my finding here so that if, in the future, anyone who comes along this flow indicator and has the same question, he can find the answer here.

One last tip: submerge the whole flow indicator into distilled water overnight to ''break in'' the filter before actually using it in your loop.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That is so incredibly counter-intuitive.

Glad you checked, because I probably would have just gone on my hypothesis and the flow meter would be giving me totally screwy results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts