Overclock.net banner
681 - 700 of 754 Posts

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,802 Posts
There is a V3
According with a response in facebook, was released about 2 weeks and fixed all the previous problems :h34r-smi
Yeah, just like they fixed all the problems with the V2..... :p

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Even if they gave everyone who bought a V1 or V2 a V3 for free (and they should) I would never give them a dime of my money.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think i ready 80% of this tread and im glad i did. Like many of you, i want upgrade my "old" Eheim 1046 that has more than 10 yeras and only did need a new axis...

Anyway.....the pressure and caudal are very weak for a Black Ice Extreme 120mm and a Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 420mm plus Heatkiller IV niquel.....the temps jump a lot...this with a AMD 2700X.

I read about new pumps, referring D5 as the reference...and VP755 catch my eyes.......but it seems its a s**** product....

So, im interested in a D5 VP655, but on the back with 5 options to manually change speed.....

On page 21 +-someone refer D5 from EK and Aquatuning, but both are PMW and i really don't want more complicated cables and options with software...

Can someone suggest a good D5 + the 5 options? In preference from Europe and to pay with Paypal....

My research suggest me D5 from XSPC, Lowara, and of course the original Lain as reference but very expensive......

My first post, be gentle!

Thank you for the user starting this tread! Again!

·
AMD Overclocker
6,366 Posts
I think i ready 80% of this tread and im glad i did. Like many of you, i want upgrade my "old" Eheim 1046 that has more than 10 yeras and only did need a new axis...

Anyway.....the pressure and caudal are very weak for a Black Ice Extreme 120mm and a Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 420mm plus Heatkiller IV niquel.....the temps jump a lot...this with a AMD 2700X.

I read about new pumps, referring D5 as the reference...and VP755 catch my eyes.......but it seems its a s**** product....

So, im interested in a D5 VP655, but on the back with 5 options to manually change speed.....

On page 21 +-someone refer D5 from EK and Aquatuning, but both are PMW and i really don't want more complicated cables and options with software...

Can someone suggest a good D5 + the 5 options? In preference from Europe and to pay with Paypal....

My research suggest me D5 from XSPC, Lowara, and of course the original Lain as reference but very expensive......

I think any of the D5 's are good. I dont think you can get a bad D5 really. But I might be wrong. I have an XSPC vario. 1x molex connector and a fan header thing (Guess its tacho but I dont use it.)

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,802 Posts

Actual D5 pumps (not D5 compatible like the VPP755 or XSPC X4) are made by Xylem (who owns Lowara and Laing). They are purchased as oem products and branded by the likes of XSPC, Swiftech, EK, Aquacomputer, etc. If they are Vario, all brands are the same pump with a different branding sticker. The PWM varieties will vary as the "brand" will be implementing their own PWM design.

In other words, if you want a D5 Vario (which is what you are saying you want), the brand makes no difference as they are all the same pump. Choose the brand that offers the most convenient customer service for you location.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for your replys...

Actually what i did mean on my post was Xylem (Hungary facility?) and not XSPC......

Is ok for example a Aquacomputer D5? I read your posts about variations even so on production.....and i do not want expend so much money to a pump + reservoir and one month later start hear noises or problems...

In fact i was consideration a EHEIM 1048 and use my present tank from 1048...

Anyway....can you kindly give some links to European sellers and models? Is ok Aquatuning or Aqua Computer, a model in particularly?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
268 Posts
btw, since this thread is refreshed, i would like to let you guys know, that Alphacool quietly started selling v3 VP755, its some time ago, maybe 3-4 months.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,802 Posts
btw, since this thread is refreshed, i would like to let you guys know, that Alphacool quietly started selling v3 VP755, its some time ago, maybe 3-4 months.
And that makes up for them providing zero support to the people who got stuck with all the bad units how, exactly? And did they release customer service V3 along with it to take care of the issues with new units? Didn't think so....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Man im just letting you know. I just found it out while browsing their website. Not saying their are completely faultless or anything else, or how they should handle other things in terms of support etc :)

·
AMD Overclocker
6,366 Posts
And that makes up for them providing zero support to the people who got stuck with all the bad units how, exactly? And did they release customer service VERY along with it to take care of the issues with new units? Didn't think so....
I think what he is trying to say is that they have had to release a V3 because they KNOW the V1 and V2 are DOA.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,802 Posts
Thanks for your replys...

Actually what i did mean on my post was Xylem (Hungary facility?) and not XSPC......

Is ok for example a Aquacomputer D5? I read your posts about variations even so on production.....and i do not want expend so much money to a pump + reservoir and one month later start hear noises or problems...

In fact i was consideration a EHEIM 1048 and use my present tank from 1048...

Anyway....can you kindly give some links to European sellers and models? Is ok Aquatuning or Aqua Computer, a model in particularly?

Many thanks in advance!
If you have access to the Aqua, it is a standard D5. Given the EU badge, it most likely comes out of the Lowara plant. Nothing wrong with that.
You could also go to Watercool (http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/30049) . I don't know how it compares in terms of price in EU, but Watercool has very good customer service should you encounter any issues. I've never dealt with Aqua customer service, so I'm not sure how they are.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thank you my friend. I glad i enter this forum for help and also a little opinion...

I apologise for a little OFF, but i think this informations about VP655, are also useful for everybody, especially starters like me.

Final question:
I was thinking about this water tank for the pump (i know its from them!!!)

Its seems there are 3 version, i would be interested on VP655 version.

At last, but not least....Barrow....are they 1/4 G4 13/10mmcurve conectors ok for this station?

Thank you again!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Didn't read this thread and had a good deal on the VPP755 so I ordered it. It's incoming tomorrow or the day after. I'm wondering which version it is. V.2 still seems to be **** if I read this thread and I hope it's a V.3 and it will be good. I reached out to alphacool to check the serial number but no luck so far.

Serial number is: 1812011560

Which makes me believe it's produced '18-12 but I'm not sure.

Anyone here knows which serial numbers are V.3?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Serial number 18xxxxx => v3 ;)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
No problem with my 2 v3 pumps ;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Very good to hear mate. I had a very sharp deal on it. So I jumped the gun. $50 including shipping. I couldn't find better alternatives here in China.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Pump is running perfectly for a couple of days now. Temps are great. I have it at a fixed rpm of 3200 at the slider position 3. I tried to us the PWM settings of the motherboard but I couldn't set the sensor source the water temperature only System, VR MOS, CPU and Chipset which only CPU would make sense of but that would make the RPM jittery due to constant fluctuations.

What is the advised speed with these puppies for daily usage? Can anyone tell me anything useful about it? I can't hear it at 3200. And I dont think 4000 rpm + will improve cooling performance that much on just a CPU and 360x30 loop with low flow restriction parts.

Please advise me a little here.

681 - 700 of 754 Posts