Overclock.net banner
701 - 720 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought they fixed the issues with already 3d version released. Seems like they didn't.
To be honest i would stick with stuff from Aquacomputer - either Aquastream or D5 Next.
These are both time proved pumps with amazing software and built in controller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!

This is my new, in store bought VPP755 pump!
I bought a set "Alphacool Eissturm Hurricane Copper 45 3x120mm"
The pump does not have separately box, with reservoir together was in a box. I disassembled it and found it,

What is this?
V3?
refurbished?

I think it's ugly!

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Hi!

The pump does not have separately box, with reservoir together was in a box. I disassembled it and found it,

What is this?
V3?
refurbished?

I think it's ugly!

Serial number 17xxxx or 18xxxx ?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hi!

What is this?
V3?
refurbished?

I think it's ugly!

Mine looked exactly the same when it came in. Might be refurbished? not sure. I scolded the seller for it. He swore to me it was unused. I kind of believed him... Then I looked on the advertisement pics and they look similar on the retailed websites.. I guess it's meant to be like that?

Mine is running fine still. I have it running at 2700 rpm. Can't hear it.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I'm going to do my little review about this great little pump.

Before using this alphacool I have had 2 new and unused original ek d5s sold directly from ekwb shop and one d5 next

The first D5 at 3000 rpm towards a noise and a frequency that bothers me a lot, I changed it for the D5 Next and I got the same result, on idle and even at 2800 rpm it produced a frequency too annoying for my ears.
Days later the USB of the pump died and the manual control of the pump also and it remained fixed at 100%. Afterwards the aquasite software seemed horrible to me and with a great consumption of resources in the background.

I did RMA and bought a D5 EK again with the same result that with low rpm it produces noise and a very annoying frequency.

A friend recommended me this alphacool pump and the truth is that it is a marvel, I can use any rpm that there is never noise or annoying frequency, there is no noise now.
I am quite happy with the pump and how strong it is.

When I did maintenance and refilled the circuit, it made some noise like the one seen in the videos of the colleagues who complain and it is due to a bubble in the pump or some air, with some movement at low rpm everything disappears quickly.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Is the V3 reliable and nice performing???

Would like to know if problems in V3 are gone...

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,802 Posts
Is the V3 reliable and nice performing???

Would like to know if problems in V3 are gone...
Keep in mind that the problem that will not be solved is AC's customer service. They have been atrocious in dealing with these pump issues.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Keep in mind that the problem that will not be solved is AC's customer service. They have been atrocious in dealing with these pump issues.

If the pumps are now reliable and nice performers I don't care since I won't have to speak to them.

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
If the pumps are now reliable and nice performers I don't care since I won't have to speak to them.
Why take the chance? There are some companies just to be avoided, good product once in a while or not.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,802 Posts
Why take the chance? There are some companies just to be avoided, good product once in a while or not.
Beats me. There isn't really even any cost savings from an actual D5.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
No problem with my 2 v3 ;)

·
WaterCooler
4,347 Posts
Hmm, thought my hard drives were starting to make noises again. Maybe it's my pump which is 6 years old now.

So is it just this Alphacool version? (VPP655). I had sort of assumed all the D5 pumps were the same so I didn't think anything of it. I have a Swiftech MCP655 lying around somewhere but it's at least 8 years old now.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
I have four ek d5 pwm that run 100% with no noise two on two builds.
I have one watercool d5 vario and it too at 100% no noise.

701 - 720 of 754 Posts