Overclock.net banner

741 - 750 of 750 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You are making post #738 in a thread about an incredibly problem plagued pump. How can anything be a surprise at this point? It's like saying "I stuck my hand in a wood chipper, and I was surprised when I had no fingers after".
I think he is saying that if they are on V3 that they would have either fixed it or stopped selling it. Amazing that even now they still have not apologized to the W/C community and refunded everyone who bought one. Not to mention take ownership of all the companies they falsely accused of being the proble when its really their failure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've noticed that DDC pumps can bind up if the pump tops are overtorqued as well. Is this a similar thing to what the V3's are doing?

Are all D5 PWMs the same and adjustable in the same 5% increments?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've noticed that DDC pumps can bind up if the pump tops are overtorqued as well. Is this a similar thing to what the V3's are doing?

Are all D5 PWMs the same and adjustable in the same 5% increments?
The VPP755 is not a D5, its just shaped like one. It was suppose to be the answer to a quieter, higher head pressure with same or better flow rate replacement to a D5. But they are giant turds and every person I have ever heard of using one including J2C has had it take a giant **** in less than 6mo.

They blamed the users, the pump tops, the coolant used..... But to my knowledge never have they owned up to making a turd. Don't waste your time or $ on one. Apparently even V3 still has issues.

You want a D5 get a D5 Next. Its worth every penny not to mention you get access to Aquasuite.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, exactly as ChiTownButcher said. It's amazing that they are still selling/making the pump with issues! By the serial number my pump was made some time in 2020, so it's not old stock!

So I left the computer seating off this weekend. Today as I turned it on the vibration and noise went away! I don't know if by having liquid inside something adjusted but now it's silent on level 3 and almost silent (usable with regular house background noise) even at level 5!

Either way I also torqued down the screws as I suspected it might have been the impeller touching the reservoir housing but it wasn't (I torqued down after turning on the computer and with the weird noise already gone).

I read the thread before buying but I decided to try for myself considering the noise and power consumption advantages over a real D5 (the price, ~70% of a D5 PWM, also helps). As I have a 30 day return window I will monitor the pump during this time and decide later if I will keep it or not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have installed four VPP755 V3, and they all work nicely for 12-18 months now, so my experience cant be better with these pumps: powerful and inaudible.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Been using mine since November 2019 now almost 24/7. Not a single issue.. quiet as the day I turned it on first time.. been running it at 2500-2700 rpm for most time. Last two months 3200-3500 rpm since I added the GPU to the loop.

Been using it with alphacool housings. I read they don't fit in other brands since they are too short. Maybe this is what people have been doing also... Sticking them in wrong pump housings..

V1 and V2 were flawed. V3 seems fine though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello, if someone put Bitspower Mod Kit on a pump? I am thinking about buying this pump and I do not know if the "clothes" will fit together with the top :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hello, if someone put Bitspower Mod Kit on a pump? I am thinking about buying this pump and I do not know if the "clothes" will fit together with the top :D
I'd not pair these pumps with anything else than the pairing alphacool housings. All the issues I've read are people sticking them into 3rd party housings. It's physically too short.

741 - 750 of 750 Posts