Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

New to the forums, have a questions regarding a computer case I'm working on. Making a flat case specifically for ultrawide monitors, planning to mount it behind my 34inch screen. The case dimensions are 12x28. Currently the computer is mounted to 1/8 thick wood, and works well but flexes way too much for my liking.

Looking into using an aluminum plate instead, any suggestions? I have very little knowledge of specific materials and types, 6061 seems like a good option, biggest question is if 1/8 or 1/4 will do the job (or if I need to go even thicker). Just want to make sure the plate wont bend (maybe a little bit, but the less the better). Heres a pick of the layout to get an idea of the size.

First case I've ever built and really lookin forward to completing it, thanks all
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
278 Posts
Is there any particular reason why you want to use aluminum over regular cold rolled steel? You can get the same stiffness with a thinner gauge and it looks good when powder coated. Are you planning on mounting it to the wall or on a stand or something?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts