Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always worry even about opening the box about having a bad motherboard and its like computer OCD can someone assure me even opening the box and a plastic cover that covers the motherboard will not damage the motherboard. I did not touch the motherboard at all

The Maximus X Code has a plastic cover over it instead of a bag and i never touched it just wanted to look at it. Can someone assure me this is not going to damage the board. Stupid computer OCD

·
Gamer
1,244 Posts
I think motherboards are a lot more resilient than many of us think. The motherboard will be fine. I had a motherboard sitting on a shelf not in any sort of box for at least a year. Blew the dust off it built a PC for my brother from it. Works great! Now I wouldn't recommend doing what it did, but to give you some comfort.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. Sometimes you get computer OCD lol want to make sure all is perfect even if i don't touch it

·
Registered
431 Posts
It sucks that i over react i just love my new pc build that is coming
Steve from gamer nexus is very rough with hardware and it’s fine. He deals with much more hardware than just a single end user. I’m more gentle, but you sound even more cautious than me. You will be ok !

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
I also worry about zapping any computer part. I just make sure to ground myself before handling anything.

·
Old to Overclock.net
6,113 Posts
I've never used a grounding strap to assemble or upgrade a computer... since the 386sx16 days, both personally and as a consultant, without issue. I do touch the psu immediately before removing or installing anything.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
I've never used a grounding strap to assemble or upgrade a computer... since the 386sx16 days, both personally and as a consultant, without issue. I do touch the psu immediately before removing or installing anything.
I don't use a tether...er...grounding strap, either. I ground myself by touching whatever grounding point is in reach.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea all i did is lift the plastic cover off the motherboard box then after checking it out used some compress air to get some dust off that might have settled and put it back in box after i checked it out.

Wanted to make sure even that won't damage anything.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts