Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on improving airflow in my Cooler master 430 elite. Right now I've got the front and side fans input, and the back and one top exhaust. I'm thinking of adding another fan (The top has spots for two fans, right next to eachother) but I want to keep a positive airflow, which would mean making it an input fan, even though it is literally touching an output fan.

My idea is that it would blow the air down onto the Memory/cpu area, and the Cpu fan would blow it toward the back of the case, but will this work? I have my doubts.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Have you considered blocking off the rearmost top fan position with something (plastic, tape, etc) and using the frontmost position as an intake? That way you bring in fresh air directly for the cpu heatsink to use and you don't recirculate hot air. (Which you might get with using the rearmost spot as an intake).

I use the frontmost top slot on my Source 210 for intake and it dropped my cpu temperatures a good deal. I also used white duct tape to seal off the fan position behind it. Not only so the top intake fan doesn't draw any air from that spot but also so that air can only escape out the back of the case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Already said but dont bother to install an in and out side by side. It defeats the purpose. Keep the air moving in 1 direction the best as you can. Hot air always rises. Pull in from the front and side and push out the top and rear. Dont worry about positive or negative airflow. Its a unsealed PC case that with openings all over the place that wont let it pressurize or go into a vacuum.

If it were mine, Id install that extra fan as an exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts