Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously.

I'm one who plays aggressively, I constantly push into objectives whether I'm carrying an sv98 or some sort of SMG/Assault rifle.

I cannot for the love of god do well in this game for the past 2 days though. I'm constantly put on teams who will revive me while I'm in direct sight of an enemy, and will constantly follow someone through a building only to have an enemy jump out of no where and kill me, while letting my team mate run off. Or mostly put into helicopters where the pilot constantly makes the helicopter sway from left to right, before it blows up above the "dead zone". Even if I parachute out I'm still bound to die due to being outside of the play area.

I feel as though I have magnets on my head, and every time I step out in sight bullets just zip into my direction.

What am I doing wrong? Am I lacking discipline? While I understand that a lot of people would say running around with a sniper is stupid it's the only way I have fun. I can succeed doing it but it seems as if more and more I'm teamed up with people who camp on the attacking side in rush, and I overcompensate by trying to rambo my way to an objective destroying rush.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by MoonStruckHorrors
View Post

You've hit a rough patch.

Sometimes I get a 2/20 K/D with XM8 Assault and sometimes I go on rampage with the Uzi to the extent where people start calling me Aimbotter.

P.S. : Generally I play better in night time.

This seems to be the case with me too. During the day time I get raped (didn't always happen but now that people are on holidays here, just maybe). At night it seems like I'm playing against people who are just terrible with their aim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by SheepMoose
View Post

This seems to be the case with me too. During the day time I get raped (didn't always happen but now that people are on holidays here, just maybe). At night it seems like I'm playing against people who are just terrible with their aim.

Or we just turn into Ninjas during night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
It sounds more like you're being teamed up with tards, rather than something being wrong with your play style. I recently got a few friends to pickup the game, and playing in a squad with friends is amazing.

Gone are the days of being spam revived and failed chopper piloting. Winning the gold sqaud pin 10 matches in a row, with newbie lvl 3 squad mates just shows how ******ed people can be, and the 0 team work they have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,041 Posts
i am pretty sure the Pro's are playing in pub matches during the day,and you have no chance. I haveno idea what makes them so good. Is it internet connection? Is it hacks? who knows. All I know is playing at night seems towork out a little better for me as well. Also the vietnam maps are better for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
i think its just bad luck.. since the BC2 sale on steam etc. a ton of people have picked it up and honestly i get placed on teams with them sometimes and its hopeless trying to survive. i can't tell you how many times this week a medic killed a teammate - i killed them - take their kit but there's no defib to revive my fallen teammate...
 

·
Overclocker
Joined
·
2,735 Posts
This is what i love about pc gaming over console gaming, you can't just walk around anywhere you want and not die. I see this happening too much on consoles.

When you play on pc chances are the second you run out of cover there is a sniper or anyone with a gun ready to shoot you since with a mouse you can very quickly and accurately shoot tartgets even if they are a bit off in the distance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,472 Posts
If your having fun who cares what the scores are?

Though it would be nice to find some people to play with, I'm getting bored of squads that don't work together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgearfan;14124801
i am pretty sure the Pro's are playing in pub matches during the day,and you have no chance. I haveno idea what makes them so good. Is it internet connection? Is it hacks? who knows. All I know is playing at night seems towork out a little better for me as well. Also the vietnam maps are better for me.
Use a bit of logic
rolleyes.gif


At day, there are less n00bs online...therefore a higher concentration of pros.
At night, there are more n00bs online...thereby diluting the pro population.

So, at night you have a higher chance of playing in a game with less pros, which makes gameplay easier for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
620 Posts
slightly off topic but lols..

During the day, people who don't have jobs or careers play video games

During the evening, people who are off work play video games

Not necessarily true but I thought the relation was humurous
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,925 Posts
You never got into my chopper
smile.gif

I'm 1337
wink.gif

I've seen 5 people on a random server waiting in line just to let me drive and then they all press e to get the guns xD
If one o them got into the driver seat they'd leave until I got in xD
That was epic hahaha

I have to admit I hate being told GO GUNNER and the driver is an idiot and crash the heli. I tend to get kicked for team killing in those moments haha
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepMoose;14120347
I'm constantly put on teams who will revive me while I'm in direct sight of an enemy...
This used to happen to me all the time, I got sick of it and instructed my usual squadmates NOT to ever revive me. I'd rather just plan my next spawn, then be resurrected to die instantly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty288;14127126
slightly off topic but lols..

During the day, people who don't have jobs or careers play video games

During the evening, people who are off work play video games

Not necessarily true but I thought the relation was humurous
Yes because we all have the same timezones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by froogle;14126810
Use a bit of logic
rolleyes.gif


At day, there are less n00bs online...therefore a higher concentration of pros.
At night, there are more n00bs online...thereby diluting the pro population.

So, at night you have a higher chance of playing in a game with less pros, which makes gameplay easier for you.
I would think it would be the opposite. During the day you have all the 12 year olds who have no teamwork playing. During the middle of the night all the kids are in bed and the only people playing are the more mature players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Do you usually play Rush? I know that I usually play Conquest and SQDM but have been playing on the OCN conquest/rush server in the evenings and I die A LOT more in Rush than conquest for some reason. I think I just don't have the strategy down yet. I have similar play style, I like to go assault and go into the fight and rush or defend the m-coms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Epitope
View Post

I would think it would be the opposite. During the day you have all the 12 year olds who have no teamwork playing. During the middle of the night all the kids are in bed and the only people playing are the more mature players.

It's summer, no school.

Kids are up all night usually. At least, that's how I rolled when I was a kid during summer.
 

·
Waiting on New Hardware
Joined
·
4,478 Posts
just bought the pack for $10 the other day.

ran campaign on normal. will run it again on hard later.
problem is multiplayer. this is not the average run and gun that i'm used to like in Crysis 2.
it involves somewhat tactics and communication.
it is also very hard to spot enemies.

does anyone have any tip or want to be a trainer for this newbie?


PS: I preordered BF3.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,338 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by james8
View Post

just bought the pack for $10 the other day.

ran campaign on normal. will run it again on hard later.
problem is multiplayer. this is not the average run and gun that i'm used to like in Crysis 2.
it involves somewhat tactics and communication.
it is also very hard to spot enemies.

does anyone have any tip or want to be a trainer for this newbie?


PS: I preordered BF3.

This has been asked many times. Bottom line, it's like real estate; teamwork, teamwork, teamwork. Getting in a good squad is key, especially for Rush. If you all have microphones, that's a plus too. Start with Medic to gather ranks quickly.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top