Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.........so I got the ABIT NF7-s v2.0........with the ATHLON XP3000+ 33fsb BARTON.........THERMALRIGHT SI-97 with VANTEC STEALTH 92mm FAN.......got the NB fan assy off and she all back on good.

why is my SI-97 able to move on the CPU die...........it only contacts 1/4 of the rubber dampners on the CPU...is this normal ?..........will it affect the AS5 contact......have installed as per instructions and using AS5-supplied copper shim( you do remove the blue plastic ? )-supplied retaining clamp.........only exception is i had to place the heat pipe end towards the DIMM slots..........as the suggested way would foul the capacitors

this is my first contact with the SI-97..am I paranoid

P.S the heatsink requires a small amount of force to move...will not move on it's own.........but transportation concerns me...even moving the case around inside.......

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori
Boot it up man. The CPU wont fry.. Just boot it up, and check temps.
gotta get the f*&kr in the case yet...along with the PSU......HDD.......CDRW...DVD ROM............GRAPHICS........it's 12.35am...and the RUM she is takin it's toll......hmmm may have just answered my own question...

thanx for the vote of confidence...........do now check later..this i like...... but if it fails i'm up the creek no more $$$$$$$$$$$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.