Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my CPU to boot into windows with FSB=310x9=2.8 (RAM timings loosened), but I had to use 1.75 Vcore (which I know is way too high), I got the BSOD after trying to run a benchmark, I'm stable with 300x9=2.7 with 1.65core, Will I never be able to reach 2.8 with this chip, am I overlooking something??

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my multi is 3x, and I raised the chipset voltage to 1.7 which is the max, the stock was 1.6 i think

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
25 idle 50 dual P95

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by el7145

I finally got my CPU to boot into windows with FSB=310x9=2.8 (RAM timings loosened), but I had to use 1.75 Vcore (which I know is way too high), I got the BSOD after trying to run a benchmark, I'm stable with 300x9=2.7 with 1.65core, Will I never be able to reach 2.8 with this chip, am I overlooking something??

What are your timmings, and are you using a divider if not try putting it on a small one my DDR550 will get 310fsb with 3 5 5 11 timmings.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, but I've already tried all the different dividers to no avail, I must be missing something, I cant get stable with anyhing over 2.7, is that the chip limit??

·
Registered
365 Posts
That very well could be the chip limit, from what I gather after a little research, most people can't push it higher than 2.4-2.5

If you haven't already, try a 5:6 divider, upping ram voltage, changing ram to 2t, or loosening timings a bit more.

If none of that works, then congrats on your OC all the same.

EDIT: What core is your CPU?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
you are lucky to get it to 2.7. That chip usually tops out at 2.6 for daily use. you are running way too much volts into a dual core on air. If you wanted to overclock, you should have got the 165

The X2's are average overclockers, nothing special

1 - 10 of 10 Posts