Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title. Will the new 8 core CPUs be under $300 or $300? The lower end module, like a 1055T instead of a 1090. And motherboards. Under $250 for a high end overclocker?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,325 Posts
More than likely yeah...

The mobos Im sure there will be some epic ones for 250-300, but most will be 100-230, and then the cheaper ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,821 Posts
$349.99
 

·
Probably sleep deprived
Joined
·
5,585 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750 View Post
I think 329.99 or 369.99
Thats what im betting as well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,168 Posts
Depends on how they compare to Intel and if they're released before or after sandy bridge and again how well they compete with Intel will be the decided factor on price point.

If they kill the i7's before Sandy Bridge comes out expect $1000 CPU's, if not wait for Sandy Bridge >.>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
Lower end 8 core should be $200 or less

This is AMD so it will be priced per performance and market competition (well, same goes for any company really), 8 core bulldozer should be 25-40% faster than the current 1055T or 1090T

There will be advantages over the current 6 cores with the 8 cores in terms of speed but it will not be insane. Keep in mind that there are a total of 4 256-bit FPUs versus 6 128-bit FPUs in the Thuban generation, maximum possible speed up in that area is 25% but I doubt it'll be reaching the theoretical
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
Depends on how they compare to Intel and if they're released before or after sandy bridge and again how well they compete with Intel will be the decided factor on price point.

If they kill the i7's before Sandy Bridge comes out expect $1000 CPU's, if not wait for Sandy Bridge >.>
negative you will probably never see a $1000 dollar amd desktop cpu ever. Thats intels job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xgeko2 View Post
negative you will probably never see a $1000 dollar amd desktop cpu ever. Thats intels job.


I take it you missed the A64 FX days
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlaveOnDope View Post


I take it you missed the A64 FX days
nope They wernt nearly as bad as intel was i know they were high but there was no 1000$ cpu crap that intel likes to pull.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlaveOnDope View Post


I take it you missed the A64 FX days
But,that's when A64 FX was that much better than P4 intecrap crapburst.

Quote:

Originally Posted by test tube View Post
Lower end 8 core should be $200 or less

This is AMD so it will be priced per performance and market competition (well, same goes for any company really), 8 core bulldozer should be 25-40% faster than the current 1055T or 1090T

There will be advantages over the current 6 cores with the 8 cores in terms of speed but it will not be insane. Keep in mind that there are a total of 4 256-bit FPUs versus 6 128-bit FPUs in the Thuban generation, maximum possible speed up in that area is 25% but I doubt it'll be reaching the theoretical
Only 25% faster than a 1090t?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,253 Posts
1090T goes for around $315 - and compared to the pricing of 1055T being around $200, it is approx $115 more.

So I'd hazard a guess that that Zambezi will start at approx $100 more then the 1090T. But When Zambezi is released, I'm sure the 1090T will drop, and so the Zambezi's culd start around $300.

Saying that, it is all guesses and speculation - if Zambezi performs better then expected, I'd think AMD will up the price even further, and the faster 8 core Zambezi's could easily be over $500.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostintyme View Post
Title. Will the new 8 core CPUs be under $300 or $300? The lower end module, like a 1055T instead of a 1090. And motherboards. Under $250 for a high end overclocker?
No way to do know. We'll just have to wait and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
anyone got any links of the specs of the 8 core?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,993 Posts
I have about $500 saved so far. I'm aiming for $700 for CPU+Mobo+RAM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im aiming for $600.00 CPU/RAM/Motherboard and another $150.00 for a 6770, then $25.00 for a PSU and $50.00 for a hard drive.
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top