Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a question about an SLI (16x/16x) mobo, and i got some great responses. But i realized that if 150 bucks is too much for me (dont have the money) then the probability of using SLI on a single 1080p monitor is even lower.

So i am asking for your best overclocking boards for AM3 and AM3+ with DDR3 1333 compatible RAM for 100-120 bucks.

Thanks!

·
13,096 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
you can ASRock 990FX Extreme 4. 8+2 power phase vrm with quality vrm cooling. it would be beyond your budget but would definitely serve you well specifically for overclocking.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, im an idiot. I used to have an Asus M4a77TD, and i didnt know anything about mobos, and i thought it only had a PCI E 1.0 slot. ******ed me, It had a 2.0 slot, and has support for a 140watt CPU, compared to the 125 watt on my a770e3. My board now is a 3+1 power phase. Sucks for OC, m\my old board has a 8+1. I gave it to a friend, and im getting it back soon, he never used it and never will (went to console *shudder* ). So thank you for all the suggestions, but my idiotic move almost made me spend another 150 bucks -.-

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
gigabyte 970a-ud3 is excellent, I got mine for around $100 flat.

good vrm, basic setup, sweet as long as you aint doing SLI/XFIRE

·
Banned
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

gigabyte 970a-ud3 is excellent, I got mine for around $100 flat.
good vrm, basic setup, sweet as long as you aint doing SLI/XFIRE
is it 8+1 vrm? and is it nice and stable and over clocks well?

·
Registered
79 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts