Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I don't come here much anymore except when I need help haha.

Regardless I'm on the lookout for a AM3 Motherboard that works, nothing too fancy just need to get my girlfriends computer built and I'm short a mobo and they want $80 for a new ONE!!!! wow.

Requirements: AM3/3+ -- PCI Slot- -- size doesn't matter.

Happy to trade an old Geforce 8600GTS and/or GT 9500 for it! or give me a price, not over $40 USD please.

I LIVE IN CANADA keep that in mind.

Help me get my GF gaming.

·
It's a me
2,883 Posts
I have a couple DDR2 AM3 boards lying around. I might even have a decent amount of DDR2 RAM lying around as well.

Not sure if I have I/O shields for either of them but both boards work fine.

Actually now that I think of it, one might be DDR3 and one is DDR2. I'd sell either super cheap if you covered shipping.

·
It's a me
2,883 Posts

·
Ore Wa Gundam
1,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweezlednutball View Post

gigabyte makes an matx am3+ board thats around $50 USD dont they?
Yeah, the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev 5 or 6) that thrasherht linked in the first reply would have been that board, seems the prices have hiked a bit.

I just checked Amazon and eBay, but new you're looking at similarly or higher than the Newegg price.

Depending on what CPU you plan on throwing in it for her, that'd be your best bet for anything up to an FX-6350 with a decent overclock, it's just finding one for a decent price used.

An Asus M5A97 (not LE) can be had for a decent price and will take anything you throw at it with an Octocore, looking around it seems that an AM3 board is gonna be hard to find unless you're lucky.

What about this? I can't get an accurate gauge on the shipping as even though I've set Canada as a delivery, I'm in the UK so it might be being a bit off with me.

What CPU are you planning on throwing in it?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys while I appreciate the help I know where I can get new products for cheap. The current lowest price for a AM3 motherboard in Canada is $59.99 + 12% tax after $10.00 Rebate (CDN), this is still over my budget.

I also do not buy ASUS products after the fiasco that is their RMA support.

Again, thanks but no thanks, I'm pretty much looking for used products here on OCN otherwise I'll be biting the bullet and buying 2 GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 AMD760G

·
It's a me
2,883 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts