RAM - $80 Shipped
PSU - $80 Shipped
HDD - $15 Shipped
GPU - $170 Shipped
HSF - $30 Shipped
Case - $100 + Shipping
Monitor - $115 Shipped

Whole Rig - $790 Shipped

Part out is a better option. More people will be likely to buy .

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
CPU - $120 Shipped
Mobo - $130 Shipped
RAM - $80 Shipped
PSU - $80 Shipped
HDD - $15 Shipped
GPU - $170 Shipped
HSF - $30 Shipped
Case - $100 + Shipping
Monitor - $115 Shipped

Whole Rig - $790 Shipped

Part out is a better option. More people will be likely to buy .
Okay, and say I wanted to downgrade to a dual core.. how much does a used dual core setup cost on here? Looking to keep my monitor, case, and gpu if i go through with it.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
depending on what type of dual core?? a phenomII or athlonII or the original am2 cpus??...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by soth7676
View Post

depending on what type of dual core?? a phenomII or athlonII or the original am2 cpus??...

Whatever the fastest dual core that exist is... hell even if I went i3 or something!

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
You'll want a Phenom II x2 555 if you stay AMD, seen them for $100ish around here being sold.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqualoon
View Post

You'll want a Phenom II x2 555 if you stay AMD, seen them for $100ish around here being sold.

And my quad core is only worth 20$ more? Whys that?

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Sorry was thinking of the 720 for some reason, the 555 between $80-$90 shipped. And seeing as the 955 is $165ish new I'd say it's more like $135/$140 shipped.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
we can give you prices on your current equipment...HOWEVER...if you tell us what equipment you want in return, as a downgrade, we cant give you a idea... the amd 555 will go in your current mobo but if your 955 is the C2 stepping... yesh 130-120 is what it is worth ... C3 stepping would allow you to go 130-140...

Also not sure what graphics card you are willing to except... for all we know we could recommend one of the newer 5XXX series lower end cards and have you sell your 4890 for more...

You arent being specific enough in what you desire to give you a honest idea of prices.....

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by soth7676
View Post

we can give you prices on your current equipment...HOWEVER...if you tell us what equipment you want in return, as a downgrade, we cant give you a idea... the amd 555 will go in your current mobo but if your 955 is the C2 stepping... yesh 130-120 is what it is worth ... C3 stepping would allow you to go 130-140...

Also not sure what graphics card you are willing to except... for all we know we could recommend one of the newer 5XXX series lower end cards and have you sell your 4890 for more...

You arent being specific enough in what you desire to give you a honest idea of prices.....

Okay, my bad. I think I might want to keep my GPU and monitor.

Dual core, AMD or Intel.. really doesnt matter. cheaper is key, but still fast
good motherboard
fast ram
decent hd
decent case
good power supply

I'm not sure I wanna go through with this, I was just curious how much I could pocket if I downgraded from what I got... was hoping to at least be a couple hundred $ but maybe not.

Also, how much is a black ice gts (gtx?) 240 rad worth? I have everything needed to watercool an xbox 360.. aquabay m5, xspc waterblock..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts