Overclock.net banner

[Amazon] All AT&T cell phones for a penny!

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  pez 
#1 ·
Wow...just wow...you can get any AT&T cell phone for a penny with a 2 year contract. Only for new AT&T customers, though - existing customers aren't eligible.

Pretty sweet deal if you're in the market for a new phone. You can get a new Tilt2 which normally goes for $300 with 2 year contract.

Also, this is their Gold Box deal which only lasts for a day. So there's probably not much more time on it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...1HV02CCQ0D9N6H

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM
View Post

Where is the Iphone?

Meh i only get 2 bars at my house though, i get full bars with sprint.

awesome deal though.

Yeah, forgot to mention that the iPhone isn't listed. But the Tilt2 is so much better with its hardware keyboard and ability to be flashed with custom ROMs.

#4 ·
Eh, good deal, but AT&T is overpriced. T-Mobile and Sprint promote great deals, but have the worst service. AT&T is just kinda overhyped. Verizon is too, though...Verizon may have "3G" everywhere, but it's not even as fast as AT&T's. It's hard to win with a cell phone company.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez
View Post

Eh, good deal, but AT&T is overpriced. T-Mobile and Sprint promote great deals, but have the worst service. AT&T is just kinda overhyped. Verizon is too, though...Verizon may have "3G" everywhere, but it's not even as fast as AT&T's. It's hard to win with a cell phone company.

It really all depends on where you live and what kind of plan you want. I used to be very happy with T-Mobile in the Seattle area but when I moved to Southern California, I found that the T-Mobile network here sucked. AT&T has done pretty well for me here.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by e_dogg View Post
It really all depends on where you live and what kind of plan you want. I used to be very happy with T-Mobile in the Seattle area but when I moved to Southern California, I found that the T-Mobile network here sucked. AT&T has done pretty well for me here.
Yeah, that's true. I'm fine with ATT at my college. I live on campus and maintain a full 3G signal at all times. Quite nice, TBH.

#7 ·
and sprint is the only provider near me that gets more than 2 bars at all times.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerberus
View Post

and sprint is the only provider near me that gets more than 2 bars at all times.

Lol, then you're just not really in a cell phone friendly place period lol.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Connor3400
View Post

There's an option for existing AT&T customers to upgrade their phones, though it doesn't cost a penny it's still a fraction of the price compared to AT&T's website.

I just got the Sony Erickson c905a for like $75 + $18 activation fee and my brother upgraded got the Samsung Solstice for 0.01 + $18 activation fee.

I got a two year contract and its been over a year and i still can't do an upgrade until feb 2010

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHeaven View Post
No, I'm not in a cell phone friendly place. In campus buildings no one gets any bars, period. Can't say they weren't fair lol.
Haha that needs to happen with me so I can text a little less in class sometimes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.