Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

These are rebranded versions of the highly acclaimed Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 studio editions which cost around $130 each

Free shipping to USA I believe.

I would totally get this but it costs $65 shipped for Canadians for some stupid reason

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can check out the reviews on head-fi
Basically the same thing as the super.fi 3's they even mention ultimate ears on the page

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
These IEMs aren't by any means bassy, but I paid $80 when I first bought them. Honestly can recommend them for this price. It's a more balanced IEM and was really enjoyable for acoustic and vocal music. Not for hip hop or anyone looking for bass.

Did a review on them a couple years ago: http://www.overclock.net/hi-fi-gear/...ars-super.html

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you're not a super audiophile like me, you will notice that your music sounds louder at lower volume. Not worth it in my opinion, the cable quality kills it. I barely used mines for 3 weeks and this happens.

BOTH SIDES I just tore off the tape to show everyone what happens even if you do put it in the pouch they offer, and try to keep it nice.
Theres one with a cloth cable, and I should have bought that one instead...

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Wow the cables on the Altec's look very poor quality indeed. Look at the review I linked. The cables were much sturdier and thicker. I remember tugging on my UE's numerous times and they still held up. I wonder how UE is doing as far as quality since Logitech took over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts