Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first time posting in here so be gentle. I recently found out that if you sign up for amazon's prime membership trial you get free two-day shipping and $3.99 overnight shipping on any item or items. Just be sure to deactivate the auto-upgrade option otherwise in a month they will charge you $75 i think for the membership. Also they do charge $1 for the trial but that's not bad at all, usually overnight and two-day shipping is expensive.

I purchased a few items from amazon and chose two-day shipping for both and shipping was free.

In order to deactivate the auto-upgrade option, log in then click on Your account in the top right > manage prime membership and choose the option to not upgrade automatically.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Sorry to say that his has always been the case. They now have Student Prime free for a year, with a .edu e-mail account.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I signed up last xmas and got my money's worth out of it during the 6 months I had it, before getting the student prorated discount. Got refunded for the 6 months I hadn't used, and extended it another year.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well been waiting for a while to be approved from that .edu mail provider.

Quote:
Your email has been approved. Before you can access your email an administrator has to approve you account . Due to increased demand there may be a delay in approving your email account, priority is given to users who donate $20.00 or more for this service. To donate, please login to your account, and click the donate button.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Averwind View Post
Well been waiting for a while to be approved from that .edu mail provider.
i believe that site does that to scam people outa money, its not actually 'free' search oc.net i think it has already been mentioned.

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Amazon Prime is awesome!

Another cool thing about it is that you can add 4 or 5 other Amazon users to your Prime account. My sister-in-law is a member and added me to it and the free 2 day shipping is amazing! They even use Fedex to do deliveries on Saturdays!

Even if you have to pay, it's completely worth it...plus I'm sure Amazon is loving all the business that I'm giving them now. I order almost everything from them.

Now, if Amazon Fresh would just get around to delivering groceries in my zip code, I'd be set!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags View Post
At least this thread was good for something.

I wonder if it works with Microsoft's Ultimate Steal program...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts