Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Standard-Edition-Pc/product-reviews/B00178630A/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Diablo III, currently has 2/5 stars on Amazon.

Due to the launch issues.

This is enough to ask for refunds, talk of betrayal, spitting in faces, end of Blizzard is nigh.
Quote:
You can't hype, then beta test...then...error37.

It's like they're not even trying. We have your $60, no need to deliver. GLHF
Quote:
This game is a failure. The launch is a failure. They implement a ridiculous policy that forces you to have an internet connection while playing this crappy game. Then the servers fail and so many people can't log in to play. Were they surprised that everyone would try to log in at the same time?

FAIL BLIZZARD. The company that we all once knew is now gone.
Quote:
I was really really really trying to not be negative with everyone else. My little brother (purple heart decorated retired Marine) and he other marine friends waited outside the store to pick up this game. They unplugged 5 computers and moved them to a friends house clearing their calendar for a all night play fest. After over a decade, Blizzard was unable to prepare for a this launch? Requiring people to log on is a good idea IF you can provide the experience exactly the same as not having to log on. This unfortunately has not been the case. My little brother and his friends are sitting doing nothing. Wasting their night, planning on a game that was not prepared to launch.

This really is spitting in loyal fans faces. I feel especially bad as I have supported this game and Blizzard for well over a decade. If ever you want to know where the real talent went, look no further than Torchlight 2.

Blizzard you really should be ashamed and your company needs to hold people responsible. If I was my little brother, I would take the game back as its obviously unplayable in its current form.
Quote:
All the build-up, all the fanfare, the launch events, the t-shirt guns, the interviews, the teasers, the swag, and the pre-orders. Maybe you guys should have worked on the game a bit.

Basically they sold us a $60 log-in screen. As far as log in screens go, it's quite nice. I remember back in the day when you could play your games whenever you wanted. I don't understand how they could NOT anticipate this. Depending on how quickly they get it fixed, I'll be asking for a refund or not. As it stands, you can even log into their website to request said refund.
Quote:
You can't play even the single player game due to the servers several hours after release. They don't care if DRM hurts their customers, and the only way they are going to get that message if is the customers start hurting them financially
Utterly sickening to me. It's like they're new to gaming or something, or just don't understand that Blizzard can't honestly prepare. They DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL TRY TO LOG ON. They know pre-order numbers, prepare enough for them and about 3x more for non-pre-orders. Then they suddenly sell far more than their own analysts predicted. Their servers are strained, they try to get it working, but people won't stop.

Then, this kind of crap happens. Disappointed Amazon customers, disappointed. You're complaining you can't play freakiing Midnight release? YOu should be sleeping. Midnight release is a bonus, a treat, not an entitlement. They don't have to do it.

This will all be sorted out Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 15th, you know, it's release day.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Easily the most anticipated game in years, and they're expecting the servers to not s a brick when EVERYONE is trying to log on? For christs sake its been 3 hours give the servers a day or two to recover from the booty fisting they just got from millions of ppl at once.

And for the record, I just got home from work, and logged in and was playing in 10 seconds. 3 whole hours and look at that, servers are good to go. Everyone who's raging they couldn't play in the first hour should be ashamed of themselves.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
If I was Amazon, I would override the customer reviews and give it 10/10!

The people that clicked 2/5 had malformed hands and coulden't quite make it there to 5/5!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Umm those 2 stars are only from 28 reviews according to link.... This game was the most anticipated game of the year and had a record for most pre-orders ever right?
So how is this evidence of anything. This isn't even close to enough to make any assumptions like this.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon1 View Post

meh this is news?
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, it's obviously not. Moved.

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
I just woke up and tried to play...guess what? I got in instantly and began playing. Made it to level 3 (maybe 10 minutes) before I realized I needed to get ready. I had absolutely no wait time or lag in any way. No errors.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Why does that person keep referencing marines? Does being a marine entitle you special Diablo 3 pre order bonuses or early access?

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Oh look...more blind fanatics who have to defend the honor of a corporation. Activision-Blizzard can take care of themselves guys. They have billions of dollars from Call of Duty and World of Warcraft.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
lol you guys didnt hear what chris metzen said last night at the launch? let it all sink in and enjoy the moment then rush the following day to fix the server instabilities
biggrin.gif

I still have to wait 5~ hrs for my copy *goes back to sleep* lol

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Well still, I know about the DRM and crap but im more effected by not being allowed to set your own skillpoints, Someone here said that they returned it to D2 style... And they did not.

But the Always on is quite a deal breaker for a lot of people because funny enough this is a game you would like to play offline quite often for most people on laptops

Personally i think the games kinda boring at the moment, Ill get my moneys worth though within the month, Its one of those games i can play waiting for the postman :3

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Well pretty sure the game gets better after Normal mode. Thats when the real party begins, at low lvls you're limited with skills and combinations. By the time everyones high level they will understand the mechanics behind the new system.

With D2 you put points into skills, now if you put them into PVE skills they're useless in PVP. With the new system you get all your skills unlocked, and then you find the runes to get unique bonuses, so even though they took out Stats/Skill tree, your combination of skills/gear will play a huge part. Once PVP comes out then it'll be even better
smile.gif
I personally hated when they changed it up from D2, thought first beta was super horrible and then later on it got better. The more I looked into it you can see how different yet similar the structure is and now at least you can make your own unique build rather than everyone having the same ingame armor/skill tree towards the end.

Right now its pretty slow but you'll end up with 4 skills 2 clicker skills and then 3 passive skills so theres a lot of combinations to be obtained.

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
I WORK AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. I HAVE TO SAY AMERICAN PPL ARE THE WHINERS, ANY LITTLE THING THEY FEEL BAD OR THEY THINK THEY SHOULD CHANGE OF COMPANY LOL

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteReplay View Post

I WORK AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. I HAVE TO SAY AMERICAN PPL ARE THE WHINERS, ANY LITTLE THING THEY FEEL BAD OR THEY THINK THEY SHOULD CHANGE OF COMPANY LOL
Stop screaming.

The only people who trust amazon reviews are the people writing them. You get information from trusted communities, not ones that give people a voice blindly. Negative 40 stars, the UPS guys smashed my box, company XYZ is garbage.

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol.

I've seen reviews

"The game isn't what I expected, I bought this without reading about it or watching videos and bought it based off the fact it seemed popular; but it's not my type of game, 2/5 stars"

Ugh.

They don't get the way the review system is supposed to work

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yeah...reminds me of Newegg reviewers.

I played beta and enjoyed the beta, so I bought the game. Don't need Amazon reviewers telling me different; go back to reviewing the shakeweight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts