Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
one of the best user friendly high performance coolers.

i like to use mid size cases so installing this was ridiculously easy over almost any air coolers.

i just wished the made a better pump for it. (like mount a mcp style pump on top of the block
tongue.gif
)

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwaters View Post

i like to use mid size cases so installing this was ridiculously easy over almost any air coolers.
i just wished the made a better pump for it. (like mount a mcp style pump on top of the block
tongue.gif
)
There aren't that many mid towers that will fit it.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post

There aren't that many mid towers that will fit it.
tongue.gif
i see a lot of towers having 2x 120mm fan slots on top of the case now. or even 2x 140mm.

but then again they dont give you a lot of room between the radiator and motherboard for the fan.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Corsair has noisy fans.

That is, if these are the same fans used on the A70... their claimed 26-32dB sounds like 30-40 which is really annoying.
You need not move that much air unless through a 2x120mm rad for just a CPU!

For this H100, I would have recommended a Swiftech Radbox if you only have 1x120mm fan port... except you need to disconnect the hoses to route the rad outside of your case..

For this price, why not just make a custom loop with high-flow, wide tubing and an actual reservoir/T-line so u can see if you still have liquid inside the system?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwaters View Post

tongue.gif
)
I heard someone saying that they heard some horror stories about the noise of the Corsair pump?

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
I just grabbed a H100 recently (and got them to price match the new price
tongue.gif
). My pump, thankfully, runs quietly
smile.gif

·
Registered
786 Posts
i own 2 h60's and 1 h100.
at full RPMs the fans on them are definitely loud. that's just at full rpm though.
I use yates for them so it didn't really bother me anyways.
All 3 of them have had pump noise at some point. Clicking/high pitched noises.
I freaked out when it happened on my first h60 (very first experience w/ closed loop coolers)
One day i heard the clicking/high pitched noises outta nowhere.
After about 20 min of frustration in trying to find out where it was coming from,
I came to the conclusion it was my newly bought h60.
Because of the frustration i gave it a thump (on the pump/block) with my finger low and behold....
SILENCE.
Never heard from it since. This has then since happened on another h60 and an h100.
Gave em the old thump, and........ silence.
don't be afraid of the pump noise. it is easily fixed.
no way it was a coincidence 3 times in a row.
My guess is it is air bubbles getting trapped in the pump
and some agitation is all that is needed to allow it to move along its way
thumb.gif

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is a pretty sweet deal for an excellent cooler. I got mine for about the same price.

Well worth it!
thumb.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts