Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
A year ago this would have been an epic deal. (Aka, what it should have been.) Now.... I think they are sitting on old stock and can't sell it. This does beat most of the low end cards recently released, but non of those cards were ever meant to compete. I suppose it's adequate, and at a decent price....

I'd rather wait and see, Etherium is supposed to switch their system by the end of year. Should be a lot of 2nd hand cards hitting the market soon™.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,824 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: speed_demon

·
LTSC for life crew
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is still wildly overpriced. They need to cut 80 bucks off that price imho.
If you were not aware the pricing in the US has gone up significantly lately. I was at the grocery store earlier today and a snickers bar that used to be $1.89 is now $3.29. This card is a very good deal at the moment and no I am not joking about that. This would be $189 in pre-covid style pricing.

To put things into perspective RTX 2060's were $700 second hand five months ago.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That is still wildly overpriced. They need to cut 80 bucks off that price imho.
Here I was thinking it needed $150 off that to be enticing.

If you were not aware the pricing in the US has gone up significantly lately. I was at the grocery store earlier today and a snickers bar that used to be $1.89 is now $3.29. This card is a very good deal at the moment and no I am not joking about that. This would be $189 in pre-covid style pricing.

To put things into perspective RTX 2060's were $700 second hand five months ago.
Candy junk like Snickers is still around a dollar where I live. It's only something resembling a deal because the market has been screwed up for so long.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

I am fully aware, it's not just in the US that prices on food and other stuff is rising like crazy. Here in Denmark everything is getting more expensive while money is losing value by the day. Power, food, fuel, rent etc. You are not the only country suffering these days. I will however look past all this, because I fully support Ukraine and their struggle against the terror state called russia. Every single taxed cent coming me should go to Ukraine.

·
LTSC for life crew
4,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Candy junk like Snickers is still around a dollar where I live. It's only something resembling a deal because the market has been screwed up for so long.
Yeah that much you are very correct on - pricing on anything PC related has been absolutely bonkers for nearly the last two years. The way I see it this is a new in box card that you know hasn't been mined on and performs better than the standard 6gb 2060 for under $300. There is also an EVGA gtx 1660 that went up also on amazon for $229 which I did not post because I don't think it's a good value for the performance you get. If that card hits $179 or so I'll post it then lol.

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,472 Posts
TL;DR would you pay $280 USD for a 4 year old, mid tier GPU? I wouldn't unless I needed a card.

In the context of the of a very unstable market, it's a good deal. I agree with you. Just remember how all the tech companies profit scaled nicely too.

Honestly, nothing wrong with Nvidia making lemonade when life gives them lemons. However, the market is beginning to correct itself.

Unless we get another GPU mining craze (unlikely right now), prices of last, current gen should continue to drop so I wouldn't advise others to buy cards now. Let the prices keep dropping.

·
Madonion.com
353 Posts

snickers bar... Who eats that junk.

·
Old to Overclock.net
3,319 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Slaughtahouse

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,959 Posts
You can get the 2060 6gb for $199 at evga. Or you can get the 2060 KO 6gb for $209.

I would go for the KO. :)

·
OG AMD
9,036 Posts
RX 6600 is $259 now. Gpu's are saturated in CA, everything else is expensive while gpu's are selling at or below msrp.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,959 Posts
RX 6600 is $259 now. Gpu's are saturated in CA, everything else is expensive while gpu's are selling at or below msrp.
But the RX 6600 is slightly slower than the 2060.

• Helpful
Reactions: speed_demon

·
H₂O Aficionado
5,472 Posts
First time I’ve seen an RTX 3070, arguably one of the most popular Ampere SKUs below MSRP.

Even if it’s not a significant amount, still impressive all things consider. Will help drive used market even lower and overall, improve the market for buyers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts