Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Get the best reading experience available on your Android phone. No Kindle required
Access your Kindle books even if you don't have your Kindle with you
Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
Adjust the text size, add bookmarks, and view the annotations you created on your Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible device
Read in portrait or landscape mode
Tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages

LINK

I've been looking forward to this! They were expecting a mid-July release.

• Rep+
Reactions: crackzattic

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by cypher\his
View Post

while i really like the cross product integration, i fail to see why someone would want to read a book on a ~3 inch screen....

You can set the font size the same as a physical book, then just tap one side of the screen to switch pages.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Quote:

View Post

while i really like the cross product integration, i fail to see why someone would want to read a book on a ~3 inch screen....

i mean i guess if you wanna spend ~200 bucks on the kindle...go ahead meanwhile i use the g1 i got for 100 without any additional charge

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Not all Android phones are 3 inch. The Evo 4G is 4.3inch OLED. The Droid X is 4.3inch AMOLED. Sharper screens, easier on the eye.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cypher\his View Post
it's awesome.
I was watching Diggnation and they were saying the same thing - "I can't see anyone reading an entire book on that stupid thing."

I've reading about a dozen books through my iPhone. It's awesome. Especially now with the new Retina Display for 4, the text is baby butt smooth when you increase the font size. I'm sure it looks fantastic on the other screens like the EVO's OLED screen - *drools*

Amazon's Kindle stuff is great. It's the best ebook system ever. It's good to see it on all these platforms and devices. I hope it becomes like the standard for ebooks.

Quote:
i mean i guess if you wanna spend ~200 bucks on the kindle...go ahead meanwhile i use the g1 i got for 100 without any additional charge
yeah I've went through 2 Kindles until I got the iPhone app. Now I don't use them at all.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I brought a ebook 2 weeks back that comes in mobi format. It works great from my PC but I can't sync it so it works on my Android phone. Anyway I can add this book since it did not come from the kindle store?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cypher\his View Post
I agree. I find the screen of my 3gs Iphone to small. But its good in a pinch. I need to get some sort of tablet device to start taking advantage of the ebook trend.... Having said that the ipad isnt it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28
View Post

I'm sure it looks fantastic on the other screens like the EVO's OLED screen - *drools*

Amazon's Kindle stuff is great. It's the best ebook system ever. It's good to see it on all these platforms and devices. I hope it becomes like the standard for ebooks.

Just to pick nitts, but the EVO 4G does not have an OLED screen, its a standard LCD. The Incredible, and Nexus One( to name a few) are OLED.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonCz View Post
LINK

I've been looking forward to this! They were expecting a mid-July release.
It took this long to make a kindle app for android... are you serious? What was difficult about programming an app to display books on a screen?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts