Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
You broke it!
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BAM!!

These are about the cheapest they have ever been, one website said $999 was the lowest. I haven't personally seen anything lower than $1,200 new.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hhmm postal, have you ever used Camelcamelcamel? I just saw an HD800 warehouse deal from Amazon in like new condition for $780. I know it was not new but a pretty darn good price.

Still $1,034 for a new is not bad.

I suggest you to also look at Colorwarepc.com, those guys sometimes discount their custom painted HD800s!!!

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Well HD800 have been that low, but I don't believe the HD800S has.

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Edited title to HD 800, rather than HD 800s.

I'm assuming you just meant the plural, but the HD 800 S is the new model so may be confusing!

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Ah, yeah, that changes things. I didn't click on the link earlier
redface.gif

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
beyerdynamic t1 second generation is on sale for $999 as well, i think i would prefer that over these, as the 2nd gen is quite new.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

beyerdynamic t1 second generation is on sale for $999 as well, i think i would prefer that over these, as the 2nd gen is quite new.
I beg to differ my fellow Caenlen i've had both and the diference in sound quality is simply outstanding, the spectacular sound imaging of the HD800 is in quite another level.

I think the HD800 might be one of the best headphones ever created.

Just prepare to look like a dork while wearing them.

·
You broke it!
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by twerk View Post

Edited title to HD 800, rather than HD 800s.

I'm assuming you just meant the plural, but the HD 800 S is the new model so may be confusing!
Ah, thanks for that. Sorry for the confusion all.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennybrig View Post

I beg to differ my fellow Caenlen i've had both and the diference in sound quality is simply outstanding, the spectacular sound imaging of the HD800 is in quite another level.

I think the HD800 might be one of the best headphones ever created.

Just prepare to look like a dork while wearing them.
even the 2nd generation? they recently came out i thought, so you prob tried the first generation, but i believe you most definately, i have never heard that high end before lol.

im happy with my little setup for now. i plan to go to electrostatic stax someday when i get 3 grand to blow on a complete setup.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

even the 2nd generation? they recently came out i thought, so you prob tried the first generation, but i believe you most definately, i have never heard that high end before lol.

im happy with my little setup for now. i plan to go to electrostatic stax someday when i get 3 grand to blow on a complete setup.
I also dream of getting the SR-009 one day but i can positively tell you that if you pair the HD800 with a Valhalla from Schiit you will never go back.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Just a note: since the S version dropped, many have been selling their second hand HD800 for less than 1k. If that's something you'd be interested in, then you should look at the second hand market to save even more. Cheers.

Personally I went with the HD700.

·
生き甲斐がない
446 Posts
Would love to own a pair but holy crap, $999.99. Wish I had a six-figure salary right about now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts