Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
Xbox One Console Day One Edition--Stock Update
Please note--due to high demand, we are now out of stock of the Day One Edition Xbox One console and will not be taking further orders. We are still taking orders on the Standard Edition Xbox One Console.
I only picked up a D1 Xbone like 4 days ago when it was still available for pre order, pretty lucky.

source

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
They reversed ALL of their polices and DRM and upped the GPU speeds, if they dropped the price notably below the PS4 i'd considered it. IMHO I think i'll stick with my Sig Rigs and my PS3.

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post

They reversed ALL of their polices and DRM and upped the GPU speeds, if they dropped the price notably below the PS4 i'd considered it.
GPU Speed got +53 MHz which is nothing, as I said in the other thread it's a normal pre-launch clocks calibration according to the yields, it doesn't make any significant performance difference. The PS4 is still largely superior in terms of raw power.

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The DRM, internet connection and kinect policy reversals was good, along with the fact my friends are all picking one up.

At least now I can just sell the kinect as I bet thats worth probably £50, so its gonna cost close to the PS4 in the end.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59 View Post

GPU Speed got +53 MHz which is nothing, as I said in the other thread it's a normal pre-launch clocks calibration according to the yields, it doesn't make any significant performance difference. The PS4 is still largely superior in terms of raw power.
I whole hardheartedly agree.

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post

I whole hardheartedly agree.
But the PS3 was superior in terms of hardware but does it really make a difference in the end? All games looks the same

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

But the PS3 was superior in terms of hardware but does it really make a difference in the end? All games looks the same
PS3 was also hard to code for, different CPU designs althrough they were based on the PowerPC arch. Now will it change, we can't really tell by now.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Quote:

I agree with this..not to mention that there have only been a couple games that have "maxed out" the power of either console so it's not like we should expect anything different this time around.

People just like to hate on Microsoft but they probably already have their D1 edition pre-ordered
smile.gif

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorguy View Post

I agree with this..not to mention that there have only been a couple games that have "maxed out" the power of either console so it's not like we should expect anything different this time around.

People just like to hate on Microsoft but they probably already have their D1 edition pre-ordered
smile.gif
you guys must be living under a rock, all of latest naughty dog games look amazing! games such as Unhcarted and The Last Of Us. The Ps3 was an odd ball but, the games i just mentioned look great. considering PS4 9not sure on xbone) has GDDR5 and bare metal access games are gonna look crazy. as they get older and optimization because more important that GDDR5 is gonna shine. we know x86 AMD APUs do better with faster DDR3 and we know GDDR5 is faster than DDR3 so it should be good for a guesstimated 10-20 fps boost.

source, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGlnnMNuEHk not the same exact APU but, the same principal as GPUs usually thrive with better vram and with APU system ram is Vram.

also, even if people do like to hate on MS i'm sure there is a reason for it.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
this is not the 360 VS PS3 arguement anymore in how games compare...those systems were so drastically different that simply getting them on the same level was a feat, much less going father. these systems on the other hand are the same design, with one difference...the PS4 is far more powerfull, so its literally as simple as turning more features on on the PS4.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00sl0w View Post

this is not the 360 VS PS3 arguement anymore in how games compare...those systems were so drastically different that simply getting them on the same level was a feat, much less going father. these systems on the other hand are the same design, with one difference...the PS4 is far more powerfull, so its literally as simple as turning more features on on the PS4.
This.

Have been people living under rocks for the past couple of years?

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59 View Post

I disagree.

On OCN, we'd applaud a 1300mhz 7970 over your typical 1250mhz 7970.

On OCN, We'd applaud a 1200mhz Titan over your typical 1150mhz Titan.

First scenario 4% gain.
Second scenario 4.3% gain.

It's as if those people with 1200mhz Titans are REALLY getting better performance than those 1150mhz Titans. (though I do acknowledge it's also because their achieving a clock that most people can't)

Now, with my 670, the difference between 1250mhz and 1300mhz can be the difference between an occasional torn frame, or a SOLID 60fps. Or the difference between a 60fps game with 1xSMAA or playing it with 2xSMAA (Crysis 3 in particular)

+53mhz, while not enough to catch up to the PS4, would still give the console a bigger boost in performance than you'd see from any of the examples above.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Quote:

I only picked up a D1 Xbone like 4 days ago when it was still available for pre order, pretty lucky.

source
I was able to get my Launch Day PS4 Watch Dogs bundle order in Late July and I feel pretty lucky about that
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossewacker View Post

I disagree.

On OCN, we'd applaud a 1300mhz 7970 over your typical 1250mhz 7970.

On OCN, We'd applaud a 1200mhz Titan over your typical 1150mhz Titan.

First scenario 4% gain.
Second scenario 4.3% gain.

It's as if those people with 1200mhz Titans are REALLY getting better performance than those 1150mhz Titans. (though I do acknowledge it's also because their achieving a clock that most people can't)

Now, with my 670, the difference between 1250mhz and 1300mhz can be the difference between an occasional torn frame, or a SOLID 60fps. Or the difference between a 60fps game with 1xSMAA or playing it with 2xSMAA (Crysis 3 in particular)

+53mhz, while not enough to catch up to the PS4, would still give the console a bigger boost in performance than you'd see from any of the examples above.
Lol a Kid juicing his daddy's Pentium 4 up an additional 53mhz is one thing but a Major Multi-National Corporation desperately trying to close the performance gap between its competitors superior hardware is another thing. 53mhz is a drop in the bucket and a pathetic attempt to play last minute catchup. With the money M$ is saving by cutting corners on hardware, the Kinectless Xbone should be $299

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l88bastar View Post

I was able to get my Launch Day PS4 Watch Dogs bundle order in Late July and I feel pretty lucky about that
biggrin.gif

Lol a Kid juicing his daddy's Pentium 4 up an additional 53mhz is one thing but a Major Multi-National Corporation desperately trying to close the performance gap between its competitors superior hardware is another thing. 53mhz is a drop in the bucket and a pathetic attempt to play last minute catchup. With the money M$ is saving by cutting corners on hardware, the Kinectless Xbone should be $299
Would you rather have them leave the GPU clocks alone, decrease them? Increasing them is better than resting on your laurels and doing absolutely nothing

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcamaross View Post

Would you rather have them leave the GPU clocks alone, decrease them? Increasing them is better than resting on your laurels and doing absolutely nothing
53mhz IS nothing. I would have rather seen them delay the One a few months and then release it with a beefier GPU & ram personally or release it as is with a Kinectless option priced at $299-$349. $499 is highway robbery!

But we will see, raw power is not everything and we will see how the One works with Direct X and the PS4 works with openGL. As it is right now, I think the Obone & PS4 only have a 4-5 year shelf life before they are replaced because 4k should be more viable then and require beefier consoles....since they are both using x86 architecture it should be easier to make PS5 & Xbone2 backwards compatible.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts