Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playin wit my multiplier like 10mins ago then relised that even when i up it from 11 to 12 it doesn't change at all. IS there anyway to 'unlock' my cpu or motherboard so i can go over 11x? And when i change my FSB from 166 to 200 it wont boot so would i have to up the voltage? if so what voltage do i up?

Thx sooooooooo much guys

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Mongoose

I was playin wit my multiplier like 10mins ago then relised that even when i up it from 11 to 12 it doesn't change at all. IS there anyway to 'unlock' my cpu or motherboard so i can go over 11x? And when i change my FSB from 166 to 200 it wont boot so would i have to up the voltage? if so what voltage do i up?

Thx sooooooooo much guys

start with this:
http://www.overclock.net/overclock.p...king-guide.htm

but help us help you by filling in the rest of your profile. also, is 166fsb stock? cuz going from 166 to 200 is a big jump. try moving up slowly. and yes you'll need more voltage to get higher OC's. but for higher voltage you need more cooling. what are your temps like?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soz, 166fsb is stock and my fsb goes from 100-133-166-200 there isn't anything in between. My comp runs 30C idle and about 48C on load with stock cooling. I'm going to go buy three fans soon to help with that and a new heatsink.

·
Registered
712 Posts
That will help... as far as multiplier goes MOST AMD chips now are what is called "superlocked" and it is a very fine process to mod the chip to unlock... costing many a people their cpu's... unless you have been working with stuff under a powerful magnifier and can draw lines in the space of a pinhead accurately... don;t go the chip modding route.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Mongoose

Soz, 166fsb is stock and my fsb goes from 100-133-166-200 there isn't anything in between. My comp runs 30C idle and about 48C on load with stock cooling. I'm going to go buy three fans soon to help with that and a new heatsink.

48 C is about as fas as I'd care to venture. Personally I'm in the low 30's but if my crappy cpu&mobo would let me go higher I would. I'd worry about your temps before you try to go any higher. What's you cooling budget? maybe I can suggest something for you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont really have one, my goal was to run at 2GHz tho i dunno u if i'll bother with buying any cooling device since my motherboard and ram are holding me back by the look of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts