Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i just oced my processor to 2.7ghz from 1.8 im running a 150 divider and my ram is running at ddr450 cant go anyhigher it it will crash but i ran prime95 on it it froze so i increased the voltage to 1.65 from 1.55 and it went for 23hours before i wanted to play bf2 so i stoped it here is a cap of that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's flippin crazy how sharp the voltage increase is at the end of these processors.

I can get up to 2.55ghz on stock voltage but at 2.6/2.65 it just isn't stable and even upping the voltage to the highest level I can go (1.45v) it doesn't do anything.

It seems the guys that can get it past 2.6+ with stability are the guys who can get their mboards to 1.5-1.6 volts which is a steep increase considering I can get to 2.55ghz stable at 1.4v.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by internal

It's flippin crazy how sharp the voltage increase is at the end of these processors.

I can get up to 2.55ghz on stock voltage but at 2.6/2.65 it just isn't stable and even upping the voltage to the highest level I can go (1.45v) it doesn't do anything.

It seems the guys that can get it past 2.6+ with stability are the guys who can get their mboards to 1.5-1.6 volts which is a steep increase considering I can get to 2.55ghz stable at 1.4v.

Yep one word............motherboard nf3 chipset for 939 to be more precise.

cheers

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
nice overclock, very nice. Most processors hit a wall with the voltage, I know mine does...
but it's around 3.2...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xie67

Yep one word............motherboard nf3 chipset for 939 to be more precise.

cheers

I know it's a big one but so far it's been the only drawback to this board.
In the grand scheme of things, I'm still overclocked 500mhz.

Still, the fact that it's an agp setup has kept my temptations of buying a new mboard for that reason alone(getting an extra 200mhz on the cpu and a bit on the ram) at bay.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenicus

Very nice OC man, congrats. What are your temps with all that extra voltage?

its watercooled i added as5 and my idle temps are 23C load 39C (i also have my 6800ultra in that loop that idles at 29C load at 46C)

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by internal

I know it's a big one but so far it's been the only drawback to this board.
In the grand scheme of things, I'm still overclocked 500mhz.

Still, the fact that it's an agp setup has kept my temptations of buying a new mboard for that reason alone(getting an extra 200mhz on the cpu and a bit on the ram) at bay.

1.45v is way to low for ocing, especially since the Venice is stock a 1.4. I run at 1.55 at 2.7.

Compfreak, does your mobo offer different adjustments for the vcore? Because that Venice should do 2.7 with a lot less voltage that 1.65v. Can you set it up wo something like 1.57 or 1.60v? I know DFI's can, but I dunno about MSI's....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea it can it wont prime 95 tho it fails after 7hours and its not stable "enough" untill it passes 8hours. i can set vcore then add up to 10% my max voltage is 1.85V im running at 1.5V+10%

1 - 12 of 12 Posts