Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was given a 470 rx 8gb that was used for mining about a year ago. As I was told the original bios was flashed back but I would need to run the ati pixel patch to get it useable in windows. I have had several different issues with this card and just trying to get it to boot.

First system I tried to get it to boot on is on a msi g77a-g45 mother board with i7 3770. I am unable to get the system get past initial boot. Black screen and no lights. Fans are on. The motherboard has been updated to the latest rev. Attempted to boot with igpu with the card installed and no luck.

I was then at some point given a ryzen5 2600 with motherboard asrock b450M. Now with this I can get the PC to boot and see the GPU in the device manager when I have an additonal GPU to boot with. When I try to install the drivers for the 470 the screen goes black around 30%-50% then does some sort of 'reset' and I can hear the fans on the gpu trying to start up. When I boot into safe mode the GPU is listed in the device manager as a RX 470. The ati pixel patch is able to find the device and patch it.

Even after patching I am unable to boot into windows. In any scenario I do not get any display output from any of the ports 1xHDMI 3xdisplay port.

I don't know the model of this video card also. The stick on the back does not lead to any results on the web. I have attached the photo.

E382
Radeon RX 470 8GB GDDR5
PN 288-4e382-000PC A181000016695

The PSU I am using is a 550W which should be enough.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
If you were told to use the AMD Pixel Clock Patcher then evidently the card wasn't flashed back to its original BIOS. Is that an AMD Reference Radeon RX 470? Or a 3rd party one?

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
Ok, thanks for clarifying that.

I have no idea what you are talking about here.
Looking at the picture, it seems to be a blower style card.
Your card should look like this.
Rectangle Audio equipment Gadget Compact cassette Font

So you should look for the reference RX470 model stock bios, on the TechPowerUp bios database.
Possibly looking for the right standard card brand, dunno if your card is a Sapphire, Giga, Asus, etc.
It should not matter, since these cards share more or less the same kind of bios, but having the right model is preferable.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I have found some bios images but having a heck of a time trying to flash the bios. amdvbflash version I have does not support the -f ability so it is getting a mismatch of SSID.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I have found some bios images but having a heck of a time trying to flash the bios. amdvbflash version I have does not support the -f ability so it is getting a mismatch of SSID.
NM. I found version 2.93 of amdvbflash that allowed a force flash and now its a brick...

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
NM. I found version 2.93 of amdvbflash that allowed a force flash and now its a brick...
Haaaa.

Get another working gpu, to be able to have a video output, alongside the dead gpu.
Create a MSDOS bootable media, copy what needed to be able to flash the AMD bios under DOS
Boot under MSDOS, use the command to list the pci-e config and check if the dead bios gpu is detected.
Force the flash of a working bios, being careful to choose the right pci-e slot and gpu.

The card should come back to life with this procedure.
Otherwise, get yourself a CH341A programmer kit on AliExpress, for a few buck, to be able to manually re-flash a working bios.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts