Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the 3500+ chip and it is being extremely efficiently cooled by an ASETEK VAPOCHILL MICRO - I am overclocked to 2.53 currently and intensively testing, my max temp testing is yet to break 38 degrees. Given that instability starts to occur as a temp cause at 50 and above that gives me - components willing - a lot of temp to be messing around with!

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
if you want a massive cooler that isnt so good on load temps but good on idle temps, and will easily snap your mobo, then get the Thermaltake big typhoon. If you want a "ok idle temp, great load temp" get the Zalman CNPS9500. I can run 2.75ghz (unstable) at 29C idle and 35C load on my 3200 (with, ofcourse, AS5.)
this is just my opinion.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmay7

if you want a massive cooler that isnt so good on load temps but good on idle temps, and will easily snap your mobo, then get the Thermaltake big typhoon. If you want a "ok idle temp, great load temp" get the Zalman CNPS9500. I can run 2.75ghz (unstable) at 29C idle and 35C load on my 3200 (with, ofcourse, AS5.)
this is just my opinion.

Why would you want to worry about the idle temps
, the load is where it counts
I wouldnt care if my rig idled at 45c and then loaded at 48, as long as your load temps are fine its all good.

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuchan

Why would you want to worry about the idle temps
, the load is where it counts
I wouldnt care if my rig idled at 45c and then loaded at 48, as long as your load temps are fine its all good.

exactly! you got the hidden message

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fury

Thanks for your help guys, i think i will invest in a zalman cooler. Thats if it fits

good choice. You wont regret it
remember to slap on some AS5, its definetly worth it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts