Oc'ed At:
2250.0 MHz
3-5-6-12-11 Ram

Cpu: 1.488v

Prime tested 6 hours and 33 minutes with one error

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
How are your temps? If you are keeping them well below 50*c, then you might want to consider bumping up your vcore a little bit to achieve a little higher frequency. 1.55v might make the world of difference in clock speed. Your memory timings are a little odd if I don't say so. Try these settings 2.5-3-3-8 and see what you can get with that. Are you running your memory on a divider at all? If not, you need to consider using one because that too might be holding your overclock back a little.

Not sure if you wanted critique or a slap on the back. Looks like a good start in overclocking, but I think you can get more out of it.

·
Science
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well since iam new my temps are at 44 load, max and idk anythiugn about RAM settings i guessed on those in BIOS and it seemed to work nice, sorry it is probally really bad for my frist attempt. but i will boost voltage on cpu, and mess around with my RAM settings.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It will all come with time. The first step in overclocking is determining your max FSB to test your motherboards capabilities, the reason for this the higher the FSB the faster your computer. If you can run your computer at a 300MHz FSB with a multiplier of 8x, it would be faster then running your computer at 267MHz with a 9x multiplier. Once you have that done then you see how far you can push your processor.

To do this you set your memory to run at or below its designed frequency, and to achieve this you will have to run your memory on a divider. I am not sure how your bios is set up, it will likely be a MHz type description or a ratio type description. So run it at something 133MHz or 6/10, or something like that to keep your memory out of the equation.

Once you know your max FSB and your max cpu frequency with stability and temperatures considered, then you can find your max memory frequency in relation to your FSB and cpu mulitplier. If you have not read this you might want to give it a look, Ultimate Overclocking Guide. Like I said you are off to a great start, now lets see what you and your computer can do.

·
Science
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i will mess around alter i went wakeboarding today and work so i am [email protected]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You went wakeboarding today, you suck. It has been years since I have done that amongst other things since I have been landlocked in South Dakota. Oh how I dream of a green Christmas.

Just take you time and make small moves. The fun is in getting there, and once you are there finding out how you can squeeze that little more out of it. Good advice for dealing with women too.

·
Science
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i messed around and got 20 mhz better but 3*c more so idk i liked it where it was at but igtg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts