Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been doing alot of reading and testing and i cant seem to go past 3.0 and have it past prime, is there someone with the same proc who know a lil more then i do that can help me push this thing to 3.2 and have it stable. I manage to get these overclocks.
fsb : 300
multiplier : 10
mem : 2.5-3-3-7
vcore : 2.50
dimm : 2.75

Thanx to anyone that can help me out ;D

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
First make sure it's not your ram that's unstable by setting on a temporary divider to lower the memory speed and make sure your HT Multiplier is at 3 to keep your HTT below 1000Mhz.
If you still fail Prime, try increasing your vcore, but try to keep temps below 50C and not really any higher than 55C.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
what you need is someone more familiar with your motherboard bios rather than the cpu.
Why the fx-57 if you dont mind me asking? I can understand if you are not overclocking...

·
Registered
162 Posts
3.2 might be a bit far for your FX57, 3Ghz sound reasonable, my FX55 only get to 2.75Ghz so you should be happy. But i will say try upping Vcore, but as Ste said try to keep temps below 50C and not really any higher than 55C.

What cooling are you using also and what are your temps. If your using stock get some new cooling if you can afford it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vicoorr

I been doing alot of reading and testing and i cant seem to go past 3.0 and have it past prime, is there someone with the same proc who know a lil more then i do that can help me push this thing to 3.2 and have it stable. I manage to get these overclocks.
fsb : 300
multiplier : 10
mem : 2.5-3-3-7
vcore : 2.50
dimm : 2.75

Thanx to anyone that can help me out ;D

Well, first, you should utilize your higher cpu multi's. With your 10x mutli you are going to have to run an htt of 320mhz..... Running a higher multi will take stress off your motherboard, and it may also allow you to run your ram at a 1:1 divider if you actually utilzie the stock 14X multi. Running a higher mutli will allow you to find the max stable core speed of your cpu w/o worry about your motherboard or ram holding you back. Then you can lower it later once you want to max out your ram and htt speeds. The faq stickied in this forum has a quick and easy to follow guide in determining the max overclocks of your cpu, ram and mb individually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockedAMD

3.2 might be a bit far for your FX57, 3Ghz sound reasonable, my FX55 only get to 2.75Ghz so you should be happy. But i will say try upping Vcore, but as Ste said try to keep temps below 50C and not really any higher than 55C.

What cooling are you using also and what are your temps. If your using stock get some new cooling if you can afford it.

3.2 shouldn't be out of his reach by any means. He's already at 3.0 with a vcore of 1.5. Is your FX-55 a clawhammer or san diego core?

·
Registered
162 Posts
clawhammer so his should definatly be the better overclocker. But what cooling does he have, if its stock i can see him getting much further than 3Ghz.

·
Registered
586 Posts
should be able to hit 3+ with a higher multi, but I think the asus board only goes up to 1.55Vcore no?

·
Registered
355 Posts
did you run memtest on your ram to make sure that it wasn't holding you back? Also, you may have to increase the vcore another notch or two, just make sure your load temps don't exceed 50*C.

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
Nice CPU...

There are a few BIOS for the A8N32, which one are you running?

Testing for Max CPU speed is the best thing to do, as you have now started, then you will be able to work the mem in later on.

The 1Gb modules will OC better with timings of 3-3-3-8, with Vdimm of 2.8-2.9v.

Any CPU @ 3.0 or higher suffers from temp be this at stock Vcore or not, adding Vcore will compand the temp prob. so while the objective is to get to 3.2 on air it will take you time and prob. not be stable. Is 3.0 stable? then go up in smaller steps.

Better cooling will take you further.

GL

Quote:

222mhz
14x
1:1
vcore-1.535
httx4
Im at 3.1 and i cant seem to push to 3.2 without freezing up or crashing, can someone please healp..

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Im running bios 1009 and yes its stable at 3.0 but anything above that fails prime95 if i use a 1:1 divider on the mem :/ , and what kind of cooling are your suggesting ?

So then it's a problem with your memory and not the CPU. Either use a higher cpu multi and lower FSB, loosen ram timings, or raise ram voltage.

·
Registered
356 Posts
YOU CAN DO IT!
, you can do it all night long (prime95)

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
Run through the BIOS and turn off anything that is not in use or needed... esp. Cool'n,Quiet, NIC cards, IEEE, serial ports etc...

Any AMD chip running 3.0+ will be generating a lot of heat so good cooling is essential hence moving to a non-air solution will help you out more and allow for a potential higher OC.

If the CPU is stable over 3.0 with mem at DDR400 or less then it is mem casuing the issue but if it is not then look at cooling and Vcore.

EDIT:

Also look at chipset drivers ... 6.70 or later and 81.95 or later for GPU

Quote:

Im running bios 1009 and yes its stable at 3.0 but anything above that fails prime95 if i use a 1:1 divider on the mem :/ , and what kind of cooling are your suggesting ?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Quote:

My cpu idles around 33-34 and loads around 42-45 during gameplay...so i think i got good enough temps to go higher . Im starting to think my ram aint good enough to keep up .

Set your ram to 333 in the bios, ram will come out 196.(cant rember exactly) but will be just under 200/400 effective

and do 250x12=3000 HTTx4=1000

you can use super Pi Link to check your ram stabilty if you dont like to use memtest x86

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.