Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
5,297 Posts
Nice CPU...

There are a few BIOS for the A8N32, which one are you running?

Testing for Max CPU speed is the best thing to do, as you have now started, then you will be able to work the mem in later on.

The 1Gb modules will OC better with timings of 3-3-3-8, with Vdimm of 2.8-2.9v.

Any CPU @ 3.0 or higher suffers from temp be this at stock Vcore or not, adding Vcore will compand the temp prob. so while the objective is to get to 3.2 on air it will take you time and prob. not be stable. Is 3.0 stable? then go up in smaller steps.

Better cooling will take you further.

GL

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicoorr

222mhz
14x
1:1
vcore-1.535
httx4
Im at 3.1 and i cant seem to push to 3.2 without freezing up or crashing, can someone please healp..

· Premium Member
5,297 Posts
Run through the BIOS and turn off anything that is not in use or needed... esp. Cool'n,Quiet, NIC cards, IEEE, serial ports etc...

Any AMD chip running 3.0+ will be generating a lot of heat so good cooling is essential hence moving to a non-air solution will help you out more and allow for a potential higher OC.

If the CPU is stable over 3.0 with mem at DDR400 or less then it is mem casuing the issue but if it is not then look at cooling and Vcore.

EDIT:

Also look at chipset drivers ... 6.70 or later and 81.95 or later for GPU

Quote:

Im running bios 1009 and yes its stable at 3.0 but anything above that fails prime95 if i use a 1:1 divider on the mem :/ , and what kind of cooling are your suggesting ?

· Premium Member
5,297 Posts
You need to use some of the key tools to check system configuration and for stability.

Look at this FAQ for the tool links and an OC approach which you should be able to apply to your MB.

Pi is only good for speed runs and Pi32M is really the only one which could be considered for some form of stability.... Use Memtest to conform that modules are OK for any particular setting and OCCT / Prime for Windows Stability.

Work on the Max CPU first, for the given cooling, and then on the modules with the CPU running at a much lower speed. Then map the two for best overall performance.

At this stage you do not really know if the CPU is not really stable or the modules and timings.... then there is also the MB and what speed that can run up too.

On the A8N32 CPC 1T should be less of an Issue at higher HTT but it could also have some legacy issues once you get up in speed.

Quote:

I lowerd it down for my match tonight but i just did some test to see what u guys think, i obviously dont understand super pi and all the other stuff just yet lol .

· Premium Member
5,297 Posts
It could be a number of factors ... MB maynot be able to go over 310 or Mem divider setting / timings not right for that speed, Vcore not up enough for 3.2G.

This is why you need to work each component first to find where they go by themselves before bringing them toegther...

Keep working it.

Quote:

yeap I cant get in windows with 10x320 :/ guess memory cant reach that fsb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.