Overclock.net banner

AMD 64 FX 57 Overclocking ?

8105 Views 31 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  B.Money
I been doing alot of reading and testing and i cant seem to go past 3.0 and have it past prime, is there someone with the same proc who know a lil more then i do that can help me push this thing to 3.2 and have it stable. I manage to get these overclocks.
fsb : 300
multiplier : 10
mem : 2.5-3-3-7
vcore : 2.50
dimm : 2.75

Thanx to anyone that can help me out ;D
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
5,297 Posts
You need to use some of the key tools to check system configuration and for stability.

Look at this FAQ for the tool links and an OC approach which you should be able to apply to your MB.

Pi is only good for speed runs and Pi32M is really the only one which could be considered for some form of stability.... Use Memtest to conform that modules are OK for any particular setting and OCCT / Prime for Windows Stability.

Work on the Max CPU first, for the given cooling, and then on the modules with the CPU running at a much lower speed. Then map the two for best overall performance.

At this stage you do not really know if the CPU is not really stable or the modules and timings.... then there is also the MB and what speed that can run up too.

On the A8N32 CPC 1T should be less of an Issue at higher HTT but it could also have some legacy issues once you get up in speed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicoorr

I lowerd it down for my match tonight but i just did some test to see what u guys think, i obviously dont understand super pi and all the other stuff just yet lol .

· Premium Member
5,297 Posts
It could be a number of factors ... MB maynot be able to go over 310 or Mem divider setting / timings not right for that speed, Vcore not up enough for 3.2G.

This is why you need to work each component first to find where they go by themselves before bringing them toegther...

Keep working it.

Quote:

yeap I cant get in windows with 10x320 :/ guess memory cant reach that fsb.

· Registered
2,063 Posts
Im certain that temps are not your problem . I would say that it was your ram. It,s fairly well known that the A8N series mobo,s are solid till 330mhz. Thinking again with only 1.5v v-core and a 400mhz o/c your gonna be stuck unless mod the v-core

· Banned
1,299 Posts
just incase, if you forgot, do you have ur HTT at 3? 320*3= 960, but 320*4 is 1280 which will make it unstable. Ya might wanna loosen ur ram timings to reduce stress, that might help.
It probably wont help but its worth trying.

· Registered
2,063 Posts
v-core is your main problem as you said your mobo and ram are upto the job .Yoour temps are fine at the moment .So its not that is your board bios basicaly the same as min limiting to 1.5v v-core if so i would put money on it .The only way is to get a dfi board with a higher v-core or volt mod your Asus .Sorry but yes the fx series are very overpriced compared to the opty,s. Thats still one kick axxe system

· Premium Member
10,636 Posts
Quote:

the new memory i got are able to run at ddr620 and i still havnt reached the max yet, and my mobo reaches 330mhz easily... I think its just my proc which i threw tons of money at just to find out i coulda save 4-7 hundred easily with one of those opertrons :/

We know.

As for overclockability, to see that processor shine, you would need extreme water cooling or phase.. 3.0 is hard for ANY AMD on air...even the FX series.

· Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is extremely old, and vicoorr is probably long gone by now, but I have almost the same problem.

I cant get over 3ghz, cant get over 200 FSB, tried increasing vcore up to 1.55v (max) to no avail.

Memory is 2-3-2-5 [email protected]

Only way I can get to 3ghz is running multiplier @ 15x and running a 200fsb.

Anyone see anything obvious, I am new so specs arnt in sig but a quick copy and paste from another forum:

FX-57 @ 2.8 (Water Cooled) | Asus X1900XTX Crossfired (Water Cooled)|DFI Lan Party RDX 200 CF | 2 x 1GB OCZ 3200 platinum |Epsilon 700W | Samsung SyncMaster 214T 21.3" | Seagate 500GB SATA X2 (RAID 0)| Vista Ultimate x64|

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.