Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright to add onto my operton, I want a AMD 64bit (For programing) good ol laptop but I can't seem to find them anywhere... (excluding e-machine) everyone uses good ol intel which isnt a 64bit architecture processor like the opertons and well the athlon 64bits... anyways anybody with a good link to cost efficent (under 2 grand) 64 bit laptops reply please.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

Alright to add onto my operton, I want a AMD 64bit (For programing) good ol laptop but I can't seem to find them anywhere... (excluding e-machine) everyone uses good ol intel which isnt a 64bit architecture processor like the opertons and well the athlon 64bits... anyways anybody with a good link to cost efficent (under 2 grand) 64 bit laptops reply please.

you can't be looking hard... my friend has been looking at finding at least one laptop in every local ad with and amd 64 3400... I know HP has one.. and I forget the other company... I'm check compusa for the one they have as we speak... i assume your in the states...

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...7478&Ne=300817

in the weekend ads they are around 1050 with anywhere between 100-300 dollars in instant and mail-in rebates... the two particular models at Fry's are an HP and a Compaq I believe... Compaq is 250 cheaper i think... with the exact same hardware.... that is the 1050 one...

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess there is more than google search... hehehe... hey new egg came up with like none...

May it be known that Microcenter owns ... no pwns (one of the few times I'll ever say that word) compusa hands down. Mind you I do all my IT work on my computer (curious why I'm using a eMachine motherboard? a week ago when I forgot to prop the motherboard off the case and kinda fried it so I had to use an eMachine board =\\) ... anyways lightning struck my friends computer right get this they gave him a 30 dollar motherboard for 100 dollars an amd 2200+ (I'm pretty sure) when he had a 2800+ for replacement for 250 dollars and a 100 dollar labor fee... Yeah I don't appreciate places trying to rip you off all the time. Anyways his father paid for all that and I *****ed at him because I could have redone it for them for free.

Now you ask yourself after my earlier comment, what type of moron forgets to prop his motherboard off the case before installing...

·
Registered
57 Posts
try HP/Compaq
both have 64bits versions.
mostly on clearnce now so you can get a good deal on them.
i prefer compaq 64 over hp. and stay away from emachine.
working in reatil for 2 years now and i tell you emachine sucks. don't be fooled by a cheap DVD+R @ 1X speed over a brand name Compaq computer. and stay away from thier extened service plans. if you want protection call up Compaq/Hp and get it from them. don't give free money to these losers

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amir911

try HP/Compaq
both have 64bits versions.
mostly on clearnce now so you can get a good deal on them.
i prefer compaq 64 over hp. and stay away from emachine.
working in reatil for 2 years now and i tell you emachine sucks. don't be fooled by a cheap DVD+R @ 1X speed over a brand name Compaq computer. and stay away from thier extened service plans. if you want protection call up Compaq/Hp and get it from them. don't give free money to these losers

I agree... EMachines suck... I'm on a 2.6 celly one. And choose compaq 64. At Fry's I compared the two... apples to apples.. exact same hardware... 200 dollar difference... correction... 20 gigs different... is 20gigs in a laptop... or a 80 gig laptp hardrive 200 dollars???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts