1 - 20 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The AMD 7850/7750 Owner's Club!
Under new management!

About :

These dual-core CPU's, with the codename "Kuma" are not a modernized Brisbane, but a Phenom offspring with K10 technology. They are not named "Phenom", since this name is reserved for the higher-class models with at least three cores, however they are based on the same architecture.

Specification :

AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition
AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition

Overclocking Chart :
Soon to come!

Members list*

█ = 7850
█ = 7750

AaronCooper
STL_OverClocker
Nyroc
Glyphor
Kuma790
JDMB20TDA
ZionTiTaN
GekzOverlord
debatewithhate
Templar848
jasonvan9
dna1x
wiccan_creed
princip
Cavi
The_Leetard179
Koslov
Mithral
Alwinp
Specd_out
itslukelol
XFXG73
XiuKeong
p11ma
brettek
Zeifer
Prodigy146
mindire
bao28
tequila_b
jv2112
chubbyfatazn
Beezer
BALISTX
tremmer
mdcrt
SouL7496
shurik06_83
Coopa

*This list was created with the post's in this thread, using only the people who have the CPU in their signature.
If you still use the 7750/7850 but haven't it in your signature just post and i will add you to the list.

·
Registered
119 Posts
O.k, I will be taking over from TripleC's Thread. The other will be for info and this one will be for your questions and clocks.

We now have a Social Club also so those of you that want to join, please do so here..
http://www.overclock.net/group.php?groupid=199

·
Registered
2 Posts
"From previous post" http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/45...c-club-48.html
I'm running Windows XP Professional and every time I successfully oc to 3.3Ghz or higher in the BIOS, Windows seems to crash eventually. I've tried multiple voltages with my CPU, NB, Hyper-Transport, etc. but it still crashes after a while in XP. Is this an issue with XP or with my voltage settings. Could some1 please post their settings for all voltages in the bios who has a good oc of 3.4 or so? also, i have an older hard drive (not sure of make tho), is that limiting me> I recently purchased a new 500G 32mb hard drive by seagate.
Any way sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any advice/help.

Average idle cpu temp 34C system temp 29C
average full load cpu temp 39C system temp 33C
recently went up to 1.425v on my cpu and auto for everything else except memory @ 2.2v(factory rated). I'd like to get up to 3500Mhz or higher with a little help plz.
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=513365

Avid AMD user. I'll always buy AMD from now on!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyroc View Post
"From previous post" http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/45...c-club-48.html
I'm running Windows XP Professional and every time I successfully oc to 3.3Ghz or higher in the BIOS, Windows seems to crash eventually. I've tried multiple voltages with my CPU, NB, Hyper-Transport, etc. but it still crashes after a while in XP. Is this an issue with XP or with my voltage settings. Could some1 please post their settings for all voltages in the bios who has a good oc of 3.4 or so? also, i have an older hard drive (not sure of make tho), is that limiting me> I recently purchased a new 500G 32mb hard drive by seagate.
Any way sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any advice/help.

Average idle cpu temp 34C system temp 29C
average full load cpu temp 39C system temp 33C
recently went up to 1.425v on my cpu and auto for everything else except memory @ 2.2v(factory rated). I'd like to get up to 3500Mhz or higher with a little help plz.
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=513365

Avid AMD user. I'll always buy AMD from now on!

sounds like your temps are going off the core temp, which is bugged and reads roughly 10c under. but 50c load isn't bad, so you should be stable at 3.3ghz
for 3.3ghz I use 1.44v and ACC set to Auto. it's stable forever and runs pretty cool.
it MIGHT be because you have an Nvidia chipset and not an AMD chipset.

anyways, should add to the list for me for rock solid stable with [email protected] NB freq. at 2.4ghz

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yep it's the new one, Trip said he needed someone to take over so here I go! I took yesterday off since it was my B-Day and I got a hangover today so I will jump in and out of the other thread to fill out everyones info here for the next few days..

So just give me a little time since i'm a Excel noob, and everyone can be happy..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok why is it they say to use the ACC in order to go higher then 3.2ghz or is there something i missed to do, when every time i use it will not post, I'm left with jumping the cmos, so i can start again.
Darn wall won't break
Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tried a different tactic tonight, and it looks promising for pushing non-stable clocks.

First in the bios, I changed the multi to x15, upped the vcore to 1.3v and 0.05v over-voltage, bumped the chipset and ht both to 1.3v, set graphics to uma and graphics engine overclock disabled, mem to 400 with auto timings.

Booted up windows, opened CPUZ and SpeedFan, then opened the T-III Overclock Utility that came with my mobo. The T-III has options for rasing the fsb, vcore, memory voltage, chipset voltage, and ht voltage. I bumped the vcore to 1.33v, and the chipset and ht voltages to 1.287v. I then started walking the fsb up from 200 by 2. The T-III has a test feature that loads the system by opening a couple of 3d graphics windows at the same time, which you have to use to make changes to the fsb take effect. I got the fsb up to 228 passing the test each time. At 230 the test caused a bsod. With the x15 multi, this gives me a slight increase in my top OC so far.

It's very late, tomorrow I'll try starting out with a higher multi and pushing the vcore higher. Temps are staying below 50 so far, and idling around 30, so I think I can still squeeze some more out of the stock hsf. Kinda amazing since so many reviews at the egg and elsewhere say it's crappy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Another try with the T-III, this time with multi set in bios to x15.5, mem set to 200 with auto timings, nb x9, ht x7.

In the utility, I set the cpu voltage to 1.47v, chipset and ht to 1.44v, then started walking the fsb up testing at each step and watching my voltages and temps with SpeedFan. Smooth running up to 220, then a bit of a voltage drop when starting the T-III test. 221 showed a bigger voltage drop, but passed the test. 222 bsod on start of T-III test.

I think I'm at the limit of my budget psu.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMB20TDA
View Post

kuma, what are your temps at 3.2ghz with the stock heatsink?

At idle, around 30c cpu 17c core (see my sig screen shot). Under Prime95 load, 47c cpu 32c core. Voltage set in bios to 1.3v and over-voltage to +0.050v, shows in all progs as 1.33v.

I did use Arctic Silver 5 instead of the stock hsf's thermal paste. I'm not sure I trust the core temps, probably should add 10c to them for safety.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, i am new here and hope to learn some new stuff from this forum.

I am on stock cooler and would like to bring my cpu (yup..i am also using 7750 BE) to 3.0ghz.

Is it safe to do so?

1 - 20 of 587 Posts