Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read over the various sticky's regarding the 940 cpu, and wanted to attempt to do some OC'ing of my own. I may very well have missed something, (which I'm thinking I have) but I am unable to get a stable overclock yet.

The problem I'm running into is if I even make very small increases, the system will freeze when I do a reboot after the changes have been made. Usually it won't even make it to post, or sometimes it will make it through halfway but no further(and that's rare). I usually have to wipe the bios and then reset all my settings
I don't know if I'm not changing something that should be or vice versa, or if it might be a component compatibility issue, i.e. motherboard. Although I seen a couple overclocks that were using the same motherboard that I am, Asus M3N-HT Deluxe.

If it wasn't already apparent, I am definitely new in the overclocking scene so I will humbly accept the title of noob.

I'll post any needed info I can for further analysis.

Any assistance with this will definitely not go unappreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool n' Quiet is off. I've tried a couple different ones, and (here's may where I'm doing something wrong) I only changed these values that are on the steppings chart to the respective values.

(this was just copied from the OC list)

3520MHz16x 2201.425V1.4V1760MHz1.4V1100MHz1.25V

edit: sorry these figures don't exactly tell you what they are without the headings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried a couple other settings for various speeds, however they all equaled the same result.......system instant freeze on startup.

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
Work your way up on your own. You can't just copy other peoples results and expect it to work. Just try 200x16 for 3.2ghz. Leave everything else alone. If it doesn't work, try more vcore. If it still doesn't work, try even more vcore (you can go up to 1.55, but you shouldn't need anywhere near that for 3.2). If it still doesn't work, go back to 15x and try going up HTT slowly. Example: 205x15=3075

Set your ram to ddr800, ddr1066 is always problematic for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts