Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so im planning on over clocking my cpu but i don't know what the voltage should be for it, also i have a H50 corsair water cooling system for it... so if you have any tips, please reply

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
The max voltage AMD said the PhII can take is 1.55v, but I would try to stay around 1.45-1.5v just to be safe. Just increase voltage and HTT speed in small increments, test stability with OCCT, you can run a quick 30 min test for every few hundred mhz, then run OCCT for 2hrs when you found the max speed. Also, sometimes increasing the CPU-NB voltage will help, the safe range is 1.35-1.5v.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by awdrifter
View Post

The max voltage AMD said the PhII can take is 1.55v, but I would try to stay around 1.45-1.5v just to be safe. Just increase voltage and HTT speed in small increments, test stability with OCCT, you can run a quick 30 min test for every few hundred mhz, then run OCCT for 2hrs when you found the max speed. Also, sometimes increasing the CPU-NB voltage will help, the safe range is 1.35-1.5v.

Phenom II's can take much more voltage than this. I have been running Phenom's since their conception and have easily run up to 1.6V. Good cooling is a requirement to run these voltages. OP, just keep load temps under 55 and you will be O.K. Obviously lower voltages= lower temps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts