Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just overclacked my 955 to 3.8 today. And was wondering. How much does overvolting the CPU, shorten it's life?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOne
View Post

Oh and what is max overvoltage for a 955? As in how high can you go before you fry it.

don't go over 1.55v or higher than 60C

if you over volt the cpu usually detects and shuts off before it gets too high in temps. It's a defense mechanism.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a TRUE on my rig. I was trying to get to 3.9 but cant find stable settings. This is what i have now at 3.8 stable.

FSB 200
VCore 1.55
CPU/NB 2000
CPU ratio 18x
CPU/NB Voltage 1.1
CPUVDDA Voltage 2.8
HT Link 2000

Temp with Prime95 running, is stable at 47c.
Also running at those voltages. How much shorter lifespan can i expect?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i cannot get to the 4.0 overclock. I have tried so many different settings. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I have a TRUE on my rig. I was trying to get to 3.9 but cant find stable settings. This is what i have now at 3.8 stable.

FSB 200
VCore 1.55
CPU/NB 2000
CPU ratio 18x
CPU/NB Voltage 1.1
CPUVDDA Voltage 2.8
HT Link 2000

Temp with Prime95 running, is stable at 47c.
Also running at those voltages. How much shorter lifespan can i expect?

Lifespan wise, don't worry. That will last a loong time before anything will happen to it. I'm talking like over 10 years with ease.

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
You can go 1.6V with temps below 60 load. These chips are not supposed to deggregate like some of the past. I run 24/7 3.95GHz @ 1.575 but my temps stay below 47 under load.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey legion I'm running the same cpu as you and right now I'm running at 3.952 my voltage is 1.54 the multiplier is 19 and the fsb is 208 I believe my nb voltage is 1.2v and it seems to be running stable I'm running occt right now and its been about 30 minutes so well see

·
Registered
414 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Well i cannot get to the 4.0 overclock. I have tried so many different settings. Anyone have any suggestions?

Its a phenom ii, a lot of them will stop short of 4ghz and require suicidal voltages to get any further. No way to get past the barrier without liquid helium or the likes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts